Prologue: Last Wishes

Author's Note: This is a different kind of fan fiction than any that has been put on Wattpad so far....at least, it is in my opinion. I may be wrong, so I apologize to all whom I have offended. This story blends two of my favorite movie series - Harry Potter and Star Wars. It's an odd combination, but I think it's a good kind of odd (if that made any sense). I do not own any of the characters from Star Wars or Harry Potter (as much as I'd like to). They belong to the brilliant minds of George Lucas and J. K. Rowling. The only character I own is Sarah, and she is of my creation. Now, read on!

Until the Twin Suns Cease to Shine - A Harry Potter/Star Wars fan fiction

Prologue: Last Wishes

Lily Potter ran into the nursery, her year-old son clutched protectively to her chest. Slamming the door, she carefully set the little boy in one of the room's two cribs and pushed furniture in front of the already-locked door. In truth, she had no idea why she was doing it; she knew that it was only a matter of time before he came upstairs and killed her, the way he had just done with James.

Lily shuddered at the thought of her husband lying cold and still on the hard floor, his beautiful brown eyes staring at nothing. Before she could stop herself, tears began to flow down her face and into her long hair. How could this have happened? She and James had thought they'd been so safe, that they'd finally managed to hide their children from him. Tonight had shown her just how wrong they'd been. They had been betrayed by a man they had both thought was their friend.

Lily quickly dried her eyes and glanced nervously at the door. She had no idea how long she had with them, but she guessed it was only a few minutes. Regardless of what happened to her tonight, she wanted her children to always remember her and James. She turned back to her twins - a boy and a girl - and gazed at them with fear-filled eyes. Her son had James' black hair but her eyes, and her daughter was the exact opposite. Both looked up at her curiously through the bars of their cribs, not knowing how much danger they were truly in.

"You two are so loved," she whispered urgently to them, "so loved. Mama loves you. Dada loves you." She turned to her son. "Harry, be safe. Be strong." Then she turned to her daughter. "Sarah, protect your brother. Keep him and yourself from harm." She had no idea if they had understood her, but she needed to tell them her last wishes. Gently, she kissed both their foreheads, knowing beyond a doubt that she would not live to see them after this night.

Suddenly, the door was blasted open with a slam. Jumping, Lily turned to see a tall figure clad in a black cloak standing in the doorway of the nursery. She threw out her arms to protect her children.

"Not them, not them, please not them!" she begged, though she knew deep inside it was useless.

"Stand aside, silly girl," hissed the figure, "...stand aside now."

"Not them, please no, take me, kill me instead -"

"This is my last warning -"

"Not them! Please...have mercy...have mercy...Not Harry! Not Sarah! Please - I'll do anything..."

"Stand aside. Stand aside, girl! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Lily screamed as the bolt of green light zoomed silently towards her. Her last thought before the light hit her was what would happen to her beloved twins. Then everything went black.

On another planet, far in the outer reaches of the universe, a young girl screamed.