X : Mysterious Photographs

Start from the beginning

"I was hiding in the wardrobe and found another world where the back of the wardrobe was supposed to be. I was there for hours and you must have been worried about me. I didn't leave a note or anything!" Lucy exclaimed.

Susan just raised an eyebrow at her sister while Edmund just rolled his eyes. What a load of rubbish. Peter stared at Lucy for a moment before deciding to play along, perhaps she was just imagining all of this and played a game with herself while she was hiding. After all, she was only ten.

"Will you show us where this magical wardrobe is then?" Peter asked Lucy. Before a second passed, Lucy grabbed Peter's arm and pulled him up the three stairs into the hallway with the three doors. All her siblings followed her into the empty spare room at the end of the hallway and saw a cloth lying across the floor with a beautiful wardrobe located against the back wall.

"Wow," Susan muttered when she saw the wardrobe. The craftsmanship on the wardrobe was simply stunning.

Lucy pushed past her siblings continuing to the wardrobe and rambling on. "I found the wardrobe and hid inside it crawling to the back wall so I could hide behind all the coats so Peter wouldn't find me, and realized there was no back! Instead, there was a forest with snow and I was in another world," Lucy beamed at her siblings. "I met a faun named Mr. Tumnus and he took me to his house to have tea and showed me my way back so I could get home. There was also a Witch who apparently wanted to kidnap me and Mr. Tumnus had to hide me from her to get back so she couldn't get me!" Lucy exclaimed with big eyes as she ran up to the wardrobe.

Susan and Peter just exchanged glances with one another before Susan turned back to face Lucy. "Well let's see if we can find the back of the wardrobe then," she told her as she walked up to the wardrobe and climbed inside.

Lucy was beaming at her siblings the whole time they searched the wardrobe. Her siblings would be so amazed once they saw it, and maybe they could all go back together! However, Susan crawled through the wardrobe pushing back all the coats and went to the back of the wardrobe to find a wooden wall. She frowned and knocked on the wood making sure it was there. Edmund, who was still inside the room was now behind the wardrobe looking at the back and heard Susan knocking on it so he knocked back. His sister must be pretty delusional to have been able to come up with that entire story within a minute of hiding.

Susan came out of the wardrobe and stood alongside Peter facing Lucy. Edmund came up behind them and stood with his older siblings all looking towards Lucy. This was ridiculous, Susan thought. She was not putting up with these imaginative stories the whole time they would be staying here. "Lucy, the only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe," she exclaimed as Lucy looked up at her in confusion. Just a moment ago she had come out of the wardrobe with no back and now there was a back to it. It didn't make sense to her.

"One game at a time Lu," Peter continued after Susan. "We don't all have your imagination," he said with a slight sigh and the three siblings turned on their heels and started to leave the room. Edmund stared Lucy down for a moment before following Susan and Peter.

Lucy watched her sibling walk away in horror. "But I wasn't imagining!" She yelled at them. Why wouldn't they believe her? She knew what happened earlier was real.

Her siblings all stopped in their tracks and turned around to face her. "That's enough Lucy," Susan told her and Lucy stared up at them in devastation.

"I wouldn't lie about this!" She continued to plead with them to believe her.

"Well, I believe you," Edmund stated with a slight smile towards her.

Lucy furrowed her brow at him. Out of all the siblings, she didn't think Edmund would be the first to believe her. "You do?" She asked with a hint of confusion and satisfaction that at least one of them believed her.