Epilogue - Remember Me

So I was checking my works, right? And then I looked at my book's title and found that the green tick wasn't even there... Til' I remembered, "CRAP! I FORGOT TO UPLOAD IT!" Well, heheh xD I'm so glad you guys found this book to be great :) I enjoyed writing it as well, in fact! I know I said that the 'Thank Chapter' was gonna be the last A/N but meh, I love speaking to an unknown active listener :3 So here is the EPILOGUE! ^.^

PS Happy 2014 everyone! :D I wish you an awesome start of a new year! <3

PPS 'Brightest' was based more on the movie because I haven't actually read the books yet. I only started reading them now. So if any of the canon characters acted kind of OOC then sorry ^.^; I only portrayed how I thought they would act. Welp. Here goes... The very last update of Brightest. :)

Hope you guys enjoy it. <3

UPDATE: One last song -> ~[x]~

Track title: "Remember Me"

=====

Epilogue

REMEMBER ME 

________________________________________ 

    Karee loved the wind. Karee loved the cold. Karee loved the snow. Karee loved winter, especially the ice. She appreciated it the most when the season reminded her of her cousin and that husband of hers. They were the kindest people she had once known; no sarcasm applied. 

    The world seemed too heartless for her these days. 

    She also must've known it was the same case for Clara, more or less. Melinda wasn't exactly the kind of person whom you can forget about easily, especially if she was your mother. 

    Poor kid, Karee thought to herself. Poor me. 

    Karee took a tentative step closer towards her niece. Dead leaves crunched under her boots. As she exhaled shallowly, her breath wafted from her lips as vapour and disappeared in the sudden wintry wind. She can see Clara up ahead, her hair splayed all out on the snowy ground like a brown halo. The strands were burnt at the ends, she saw. 

    Karee went ahead of the policemen. They were far back and were closer to the park's entrance, and she knew they were calling for her. She didn't care. She had a gut-feeling that Clara was in danger and she would find her here, this secluded place only she would know. How did Clara discover this? 

    Sadness began to fill the emptiness in her stomach when she approached the small clearing in the park; a ring of trees and bushes surrounded Clara's body. Karee knotted her brows, a pout formed on her tight and chapped lips. 

    Judging by the dark red stain on Clara's clothes and what she saw of the rock shard, Karee knew that the blood must be right under the snow. She felt horror creeping in and she pushed it out of her mind and gut. 

    With a shaky breath, she looked at the girl's face and saw a small smile there, as if it was a part of the remains of her spirit. Karee knelt down, but didn't move to touch her. She couldn't bring herself to. 

    "Clara," she whispered the name of her niece once, like a silent call that would only be carried away by the passing winds. 

    Her niece smelled like rusting metal. Karee shivered. 

    She thought back to the time in high school when she coincidentally read three books in a row that described a loved one's dead body: the peaceful look on their face like they were only sleeping, their hands resting on top of each other on their middle, the drama that would come and go upon seeing their body, their skin with a temperature as cold as ice...