Chapter 17 - Reality

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

Gotcha... Ahaha! It's not Christmas yet, I know. But you guys will feel like it is, because guess what?

As my Christmas gift to all of you, my supporters/readers/slaves.... Um. Scratch the last part xD As my Christmas gift to all of you, I shall do a MASS UPDATE. Yep. You guys heard right. :) From 10th - 20th December, starting today on the 9th, I will be doing a daily upload of chapters and update 'Brightest' for Christmas this year. :D

The author's note will be moved to the end of each chapters so as to not distract you too much from your reading. All I want for Christmas from you guys is your support and love ;)

Thank you all so much if you've reached this far <3 
Comment 'Imma Bright One' below if you guys have been through it all up 'till now :D

That... sounds a bit too... cheesy. Just a simple comment on. each. chapter. is fine. :)

Enjoy your read! <3 And don't forget to VOTE!

I mean floss... Sorry ^.^

I'll stop talking now.

=====

Chapter 17

REALITY 

________________________________________ 

    They sang to 'Jolly Old St. Nicholas' in the car. She giggled as she watched her parents joking around. Then her mother and father started talking about their relatives. 

    She was the only one who saw the wind. She was the only one who shouted a warning. She was the only one who blacked out. 

    How did she end up here? How in the whole dream world did she end up in a frozen aquarium? It looked like she was in an aquarium, considering the four walls, the floating fish, and the coral around her. 

    Everything was illuminated by a twilight glow. It all seemed unbelievably real. 

    The strangest thing was... was that there was no water. The entire place was frozen; the fish suspended in mid-air had real icicles hanging from their bellies. The tentacles of a jellyfish hung downwards like stalactites in a cave. The coral near her feet sparkled with ice. 

    She was crying... and hyperventilating... and shivering. The girl couldn't handle it. She bent over while her body tried to rid itself of stress as she vomited from too much panic. 

    This damned place (or dream) just had to be cold, didn't it? 

    She hunched up on the icy ground, rocking back and forth on her heels, away from the pool of bile in her dream. Throwing up felt real. She bit her hands until she drew blood. It itched. She still wouldn't wake up. Bleeding felt real. 

    The worst part about everything was that she was all alone. 

    There was no sky. If there was, then it would be completely covered by the smoke cloud, a large swirling blackness that can almost hypnotize her if she stared long enough. It rolled endlessly... restless and chaotic. The smell of fire hanging in the air contrasted with the icy surroundings. 

    A very familiar loud pounding crashed through her head, making her scream. "Stop it! Stop it!" she pleaded. Her ears rang from the noise. 

    The sounds seemed like they were from a broken record stuck on repeat in her brain. She heard the pounding over and over, like someone was banging on a thick glass wall. It was scary, like listening to a repetitive soundtrack from a horror movie.