t w e n t y

WE'RE HALF WAY THROUGH THE BOOK ;-;

"Louis Come here!" My dad calls down the stairs. I huff at the fact that I had to pause watching some creepy videos about doll conspiracies and run down the stairs towards where he's calling from.

"Yeah dad?" I say, walking into the lounge room. He is standing there with a unimpressed expression on his face. I raise an eyebrow.

He signals for me to sit down so I do. "Well, your mother and I discussed a little and I think you're old enough to live on your own now." He says and my face falls. "You're 18 and technically allowed to."

Sure, I like the idea of the independence and all, but I can't imagine all the responsibilities and being away from my family for so long. Plus, I don't even have a job, meaning I can't pay for my bills.

"Here's what we decided. We have bought you an apartment, close to the college we are hoping you will get into, and we will pay for your bills until you settle down in a proper job in which you can pay for them yourself. However, you will have to get your own loan for college funds." He says which I sigh in relief over.

I know I couldn't have afforded to pay for the bills, the rent and the college funds without a real job. Sure, I could work in a café, but would it be enough?

"Try and move as fast as you can because the moving truck company we used last time is closing down and has a huge sale. Start packing when you go upstairs, we ordered boxes outside."

I nod and thank him before trying to run up to my room.

"Also Louis!" He says and I turn back around. "Don't bring that Harry boy in here if you're going to be doing what I saw on the camera. You know how I feel about it."

I sigh and then realise something. My parents aren't kicking me out because they think I'm too old are they?

"You're kicking me out because I'm gay aren't you?" I say and his face drops. I roll my eyes.

How could they? And even if they didn't like it, they could at least tell that to me to my face and not pretend it's for some other reason.

"O-Of course not!" He stutters and I sigh.

"Well it seems like a pretty fucking likely option." I say, the evidence all piecing together.

"Don't raise your temper at me young man." He says, pointing his finger at me and I just shake my head, walking out before I say anything I regret.

"Whatever Dad, I'll be out by Wednesday." I say, running up the stairs and slamming the door behind me.

Did they seriously think that they could hide it like that under the fact that they thought I was old enough.

He thinks it was a big deal that I was raising my voice at him when he can't accept me for who I am. Maybe I just over-reacted, but still. Honestly that was one of the quickest arguments I've had with my parents.

What if they don't actually want me here, that's why they're throwing me out. They think I'll infect something or someone.

Fine, if they don't want me, I don't need them.

With that thought in mind, I start packing all of my belongings into the boxes as quickly as possible and calling the mover.

---------------------------------------------

"And that's the last of it boy." The man says, putting down the last box from the truck. "That'll be $450." He says, sticking out his hand as I reach for my wallet, giving him 9 $50 notes. Thanking each other, he leaves the building and I get up to re-arrange the furniture to how I like it.

After moving only the couch, I decide that it's enough for now and slouch myself onto the couch, picking up my phone to text Harry.

Yeah, he gave me his number that night when we... uh kissed.

You: YOOOO HARRY

Lame Potato: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You: HOW'S LIFE MY HOE!!!!

Lame Potato: PRETTY HOEY!

You: YO BRO GUESS WHAT

Lame Potato: WHAT BRO

You: MY PARENTS KICKED ME OUT

Lame Potato: WTF WHY

You: COZ THEY HOMOPHOBIC LITTLE SHITS

Lame Potato: ...

Lame Potato: is it because of me?

You: NAH THEY'RE JUST BUMS

Lame Potato: AH OK

You: ANYWAYS IM NOW FREEEEE

Lame Potato: THAT'S ALWAYS GOOD

You: HEY COME OVER?

Lame Potato: MAYBE IN 5 MINS, I GOTTA GET IN THE LAUNDRY

Lame Potato: PLUS IDEK YOUR ADDRESS

You have sent your location to Lame Potato

You: THERE

Lame Potato: AH THANKS BRO

You: NO PROBLEM BRO

Lame Potato: IM PUTTING ON MY SHOES BRO

You: AND IM PREPARING MY DICK

Lame Potato: what

You: I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING

Delete message?

Message deleted

Lame Potato: WOW I STILL SAW THAT MESSAGE, THERE'S NO POINT DELETING IT

You: NOW U CAN'T SCREENSHOT IT

Lame Potato: GUESS WHAT YOU'RE NAME IS IN MY PHONE?

You: SEXY MOTHERFUCKER?

Lame Potato: NO

Lame Potato: SMOL BEAN

You: WTF WHY

Lame Potato: BECAUSE UR SMALL AND U DON'T LIKE BAKED BEANS

You: UH OK THEN

You: IM BIG! NOT SMALL!

Lame Potato: SURE HONEY

You: I THOUGHT I WAS A BEAN

Lame Potato: WHATEVER!

You: IS THAT YOU OUTSIDE?

Lame Potato: NO IT'S ACTUALLY DORA THE EXPLORER

You: OK I WONT OPEN THE DOOR THEN

Lame Potato: NO

Lame Potato: LOUIS

Lame Potato: IT'S BEEN 10 MINUTES PLZ OPEN THE DOOR

Lame Potato: I SEE UUUUUU

Lame Potato: HI!