t w e n t y - s i x

We follow the waitress to our table, where we sit down. I open up the menu and take a look, even though I already know what I want.

"What are you getting Lou?" Harry says and I am tempted to tease him over the nickname slip.

"Lou eh?" I say and he blushes, diverting me back to the question. "I was thinking of the gnocchi with the mushrooms." I say and he nods.

Eventually a waiter comes to take our order. I order my food and wait for Harry to choose his own.

"I'll get the 100g steak with the chips." Harry hands over his menu to the waiter, thanking him.

"Would you like any drinks?"

I take a moment to quickly read over the drinks, seeing if anything I like is on there.

"Uh can I get a coke?" Harry says and the waiter nods, writing down his order.

I look up from the menu. "I'll get a shiraz." I say, as the waiter notes it down and walks away.

Harry looks at me oddly, probably because he's never seen me drink alcohol before. What can I say? I am 18 after all. It's not like I'm under aged.

"You drink?" Harry asks, after a while of just shutting up and staring at me weirdly.

I chuckle. "Yeah?"

"Oh." Is all he says before a different waitress comes out with our drinks. I take a sip of my wine the same time that Harry takes a sip of his coke and I wriggle my eyebrows, which makes him spit a little bit of coke out as he tries to not laugh. "What the hell was that?" He says between laughs.

I begin laughing with him at my obvious fail at trying to look sexy. What? I've never been good at it, everyone just deems me to be 'small and sassy' hence why they say I'm cute when I'm angry.

"What's the time by the way?" I ask.

"Time for you to get a watch." Harry remarks and I roll my eyes.

"Ok, it's true. I actually really do need a watch." I say, laughing a little.

Eventually we finish up with our dinner, talking about some irrelevant nonsense like how I put the cow in Niall's backyard a few months back.

We also end up fighting about who pays the bill, because we're both stubborn and insist to pay. However, I end up winning because my argument of 'it was my idea' is stronger than his, 'I just want to.'

We make our way out of the restaurant and onto the pavement near the road. The curb is elevated slightly over the sidewalk, so I take the chance to try and balance on it. Harry decides that he'll also be a weirdo like myself and does too.

"We're strange." I say, turning around to face him. He laughs at me, trying to catch up. "Hurry up slow poke!"

"You just have tiny feet, the only reason you're going faster." Harry whines and I laugh, walking a little faster to prove his point.

Eventually I decide to stop and wait for him, which I decide to do very suddenly and he ends up walking into me and nearly falling over.

Luckily I anticipate the fall and quickly push him back up before he can fall over. While he faces me, I take the opportunity to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"That was mean." He said, referring to me tripping him over.

"At least I stopped you from falling." I say, walking again. Harry decides to get off the curb and onto the actual footpath.

"Oh thanks a lot prince charming! What would I have done without you?" He says very dramatically and very sarcastically. I chuckle and speed up a little.

Harry catches up to me and lightly pushes me off the side back onto the footpath and I pout my lip at him.

Rude.

I decide to shove him back, a little harder than he did to me and he ends up getting pushed into a shrub. I laugh at him, but while my eyes are shut, a handful of leaves are shoved into my face.

"Ey! What's your problem." I say to Harry, gathering a bit of mud I found on the floor into my hands. Harry must have seen me do so, as he runs off as fast as he can, turning around and poking out his tongue. "Come back here you frog."

"Frog?" Harry calls out.

"Yeah, you look like one." I call back and he starts laughing, still being chased by me.

"Well fine, hedgehog."

"Oi! I'm not a hedgehog." I say, which makes me want to get him back even more, so I sprint as fast as I can, which is helped by the fact that Harry has slowed down to laugh.

I eventually reach up to him, but he hasn't turned around so he doesn't know that I'm there. I take the mud and reach around his head and rub it all over his face.

"Ew! Stop Louis!" He says, turning red in laughter. I finish off smothering the mud on his face and start laughing with him.

"Mud is good for your face. Suck it up you big baby." I say, running off towards the car. I hear his footsteps behind me and I know he's chasing me.

I make it to the car but then realise I have nowhere to go. I lean against the car, pausing to take a breath but then realise I have no escape.

Harry runs up to me and plops his lips onto mine, covering my lips in mud as well.

"Ew." I push him off and wipe of the mud from my lips, giving him a face of disgust. It doesn't taste very nice, may I assure you.

"Suck it up you big baby." He imitates me, making his voice higher and nasally.

Harry starts laughing as he wipes his own face of the mud, which has nearly dried, on his face. After getting most of it off, we both hop into the car and start laughing.

I think about how lucky I am to have Harry, how lucky I am to have this amazing, perfect guy next to me right now and not worrying about how popular I am, or how rich I am, only worrying about who I truly am inside. I wouldn't change a thing.

And I don't even bother to point out the huge clump of mud sitting in the middle of his hair.

Because some things are left better unknown.

---------------

was this cute or dodgy...............