e l e v e n

"Do you understand what the fuck is going on?" I whisper just as the bell rings for the end of school. Harry laughs beside me as the rustle and bustle of everyone trying to escape the hell hole that is school grows.

Right now we're reading some Shakespearean text in English and I have no idea what is going on in the book. Something about one family hating the other and some other cheesy shit written in old English.

I sigh and pack my belongings into my bag, then standing up and getting ready to leave.

"Louis?" Harry says, just before I start leaving the room. I quickly turn around and raise an eyebrow. "Do you want me to help you?"

I scoff. "Uh no."

There's no way I can seem 'cool' if I act like I don't understand some text. Harry probably thinks I'm one of those other dumb kids in the class. I don't want to embarrass myself.

"Come on! My mum wouldn't mind hearing that I made a friend, let alone meeting you." He says happily. I try to stop myself from giving in to the adorable little dimples and the red rosy cheeks and...

Ah fuck it.

"Fine. But don't laugh at me." I say, hesitantly, even though I'm excited to go to his house. Whenever Niall comes over, he always comes to my house and I always have put up with my old photo humiliation, so it'll be nice to see someone else be embarrassed.

"Only if you don't make fun of me once you meet my mum." Harry says as we both walk out of the classroom and through the gates of the school, which are conveniently placed right outside.

I smirk at his comment. "Why would I make fun of your mum when you have a face like that?" I reply and Harry rolls his eyes.

"Someone's a sassy little hedgehog today."

"Why a hedgehog?" I ask and he grins.

"You're so small and cheeky." Harry teases and I cross my arms and pout my lip. He pinches my cheeks and starts laughing. To prove his point, he stops, allowing himself to tower over me. "Little hedgehog."

I push him away, which doesn't do much because he just has to be so damn tall and I just have to be 'a little hedgehog.' I sigh and start walking towards the park direction by habit.

"My car's this way." Harry says, chuckling and pointing the opposite direction.

"I knew that!" I say, raising my finger and quickly shuffling towards the way he pointed his car was in. We soon reach the car and I get into the passenger's seat.

"Radio?" He asks and I nod.

The radio host starts talking about some of the latest in the Hollywood news stories, something I never really have been interested in.

I really don't understand the whole 'famous' thing. They need to be given a private life for once, they are people also.

"Now the real news is Zayn Malik, former model, has dropped his debut single and we're playing it here, for the first time in the UK. Here is 'Pillowtalk.'"

Harry perks up at the name. I look at him weirdly when he does so, because he seems to want to take in every single detail about this guy.

"You know? Zayn and I used to be friends in primary school and a bit of early high school. We sort of loss contact when he became famous and all. Didn't know the guy could sing."

Harry starts talking over the song's introduction while I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

"They offered me a modelling deal also but I didn't like the idea of losing so much private life so I refused."

I pretty much think of dropping my jaw, because doing it physically would be a bit embarrassing. "Well, you've got good eyes."

I mentally face palm. What sort of cringey ass sentence is that?

Harry chuckles at my attempt at complimenting him. "Wow, thanks Louis. I have never had a compliment so good like my eyes."

"Shut up." I say as Harry continues laughing for a few seconds before deciding he wants to actually listen to his old friend's song.

Surprisingly he's actually a pretty good singer. Usually models who release songs are pretty much shit and have been improved via auto tune but this guy actually has some skill.

We eventually reach Harry's house and I'm greeted by the smiling face of his mother.

"Hello honey! Who's this?" She asks.

"Mum, this is Louis, Louis this is my mum."

"Hello Ms Styles." I say, reaching out to shake her hand. She shakes it and smiles.

"Oh call me Anne." She grins and invites me in as I follow her into their lounge room. We end up talking quite a bit and of course she brings out the photo album to embarrass Harry.

She's a lovely lady, just like her son. Also, it appears that Harry enjoyed dressing up in his mum's bra when he was in pre-school.

Something only Harry would do.

-------------------------

"So basically, these 2 emos wanna fuck in secret and then they're like pretty much all love at first sight and get married and their parents don't want them too because they are enemies so they kill themselves?" I say, basically everything I have learnt from Harry in the past 3 hours about Romeo and Juliet.

"Well... um.... Better than before I guess!" Harry says, doubtingly. I cannot understand what is going on in this book at all. This is pretty much with every Shakespeare book though. I just feel like going back in time and going to the people who fucked up the language....

... thou art a bitch, wherefore art thou so confusing.

"Uh, do you remember that quote I taught you? It'll help you." Harry says, looking sort of frustrated and annoyed, but still willing to help.

This boy is nearly as determined as Niall trying to get free food.

Urgh Niall. Why did I have to think about him?

"I die, I die, my soul is in the sky! I die, die, die!" I say, pretty much fake stabbing myself while sinking into the floor, over dramatizing every action.

What can you expect from a drama student?

"No... that's from A Midsummer Night's Dream." Harry says, shaking his head. I sigh and lay down on his bed.

"I'm just tired and dumb." I say, yawning. Harry laughs and decides it's time to take a break from Shakespeare for today. I quickly look at the time. 11:30pm. "Shit I was meant to be home 5 hours ago."

"Oh, it's really late." Harry says, realising the time also. I breathe deeply and see that my mum's called me 35 times. "You shouldn't walk home so late, just stay over."

I am sort of unsure about it at first, but then decide that he's right so I nod. I text my mum that I'm staying over at a friend's house, specifically saying it's a boy's because she doesn't know that I'm gay, and then turn off my phone.

"Uh, where should I sleep?" I ask, since it's getting pretty late.

"You take the bed, I'll get the folding bed." He says running out. I yawn, stretching out my arms over my head. He comes rushing back in, bed in his hand and changed into his night wear, as he sets it up with a new sheet and quilt.

"You sure you don't wanna sleep on the normal bed?" I ask and Harry nods, hoping into his bed. "Ok, goodnight." I say, getting into his grey bed.

"Night!" Harry says, switching off the small light behind his bed.

We don't really end up sleeping for a couple more hours, just talking about silly things and joking around.

It's not until about 2am that I actually manage to fall asleep.

Lol im so done with life rn :/