“She confirmed what she told Broderick. She told me about it and gave me this.”

He pushed a picture of his father and a woman; his father was piggy backing the woman, and they were looking at each other laughing. You could practically feel the love they had for each other. She looked like Hunter, they had the exact same color eyes and the exact same color hair, but Hunter’s smile was the same as his father’s, he was the perfect mixture of the two. They looked very much in love, no wonder Hunter’s dad was so sad.

“She’s beautiful Hunter.” I smiled at the picture and skimmed my thumb over the picture.

He didn’t say anything for a while; he just kept drinking his whiskey.

He looked so sad; I needed to change the subject, to something more upbeat.

“So Jake finally claimed Kayla.”

Hunter smiled but it never really reached his eyes,

“It’s about time, thought it was never going to happen. How are they finding the mind link?”

“Kayla says that Jakes annoying sometimes and ignoring him when they have a fight is useless. Nick and Rose are teaching them how to block their thoughts too.”

Nick and Rose taught us how to block our thoughts from one another. At first it was a struggle, but technically it was the same method when using your power. Placing a gate and shutting him out. I don’t like it much, because when he shuts me out, I feel cold and alone; it reminds me too much of my time alone in the forest, but sometimes it needs to be done, you sometimes need your space too.

I got up to pour myself a glass of whiskey, now I don’t usually drink this stuff but the situation called for it don’t you think?

I went to sit back on the seat and then took a sip; allowing the amber liquid to burn its way down my throat. A wolf howled in the distance and we both tensed.

What is it?” Using the mind link so we could better hear if there was danger approaching.

“It’s just the sentry change.”

Hunter drained his glass and stared out into the dark night.

“We are losing wolves every day. They are too scared to stand and fight against the rogues and the thought of standing up to the council is too much for some.”

“We need to leave this place before they attack.”

“I agree, that’s why, we’ll be moving to a secure location in two days’ time, tomorrow we pack. I have a bad feeling that we’re in for a rough time.”

I nodded my head, Hunter along with everybody still here was on edge, no dobt sensing the nearing war. The last time we had a civil war like this was over a thousand years ago. Back then a lot of humans were turned, but the war was between the hunter wolves and the spirit wolves, this time its a little different.