vientinueve

--
"I'm so stupid!"

Jimin raked a hand through his hair, tears pricking at his eyes as he paced his living room, Hoseok sitting on their couch and watching him with a worried expression. "I should've known he didn't feel the same way, but I had to do it didn't I? I had to go and embarrass myself!"

"Jimin please calm down for a second." Hoseok sighed, standing up and placing a hand on his friend's shoulder. "You haven't even explained to me what fully happened."

"I told him Hyung." Jimin muttered. "I couldn't help it! He looked so beautiful and my heart felt like it was going to burst; it felt like the right time." He sighed. "I told him I loved him, and he responded with 'okay'."

The older frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. "This is the first time I think I've fell in love. Twenty two years old and the first person I confess to is someone who doesn't feel the same way."

"You don't know that." Hoseok shrugged, looking away when Jimin looked to him with a fairly condescending expression.

"What do you mean I don't know that? If he loved me back he would've said it. It's not hard to figure out." He huffed, watching as Hoseok's frown deepened.

"Jimin." He sighed. "I know that you're hurt right now, but your worst enemy would be jumping to conclusions okay?" Jimin averted his line of vision, deciding to focus on a flake of chipping paint on the wall instead. "What did I talk to you about a few weeks before this happened?"

"I don't know." Jimin mumbled, lips turned downwards as he tapped his fingers along his thigh.

"Jimin."

Jimin exhaled, taking the time to recall what they had talked about. He bit his lip once he remembered. "What did we talk about Jimin?"

"Love." The younger answered, still avoiding his roommate's gaze.

"What about it?" Hoseok edged on, Jimin crossing his arms and sighing.

"How it's different for everyone." Jimin finally answered, the older smiling and nodding in response.

"Just because Jungkook doesn't necessarily love you now doesn't mean that he can't ever." Hoseok's smile was soft, sympathetic, as Jimin finally looked back up to catch his gaze. "I don't love Yoongi. If he told me that he loved me, I wouldn't be able to say it back. But that doesn't mean I don't care about him. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate him, and that doesn't mean that I'm using him." Hoseok stressed his last few words, looking into Jimin's eyes as he did so. "All it means, is that I'm not ready. The word 'love' holds a lot of weight for me. It takes awhile to say it, and mean it."

"And Yoongi knows this too. I've told him, because he deserves to know." Hoseok explained. "What you two need to do, is communicate."

"I don't know how to face him. I just left." Jimin worried his bottom lip. "I haven't talked to him since last night."

Hoseok sighed, running a hand through his hair and frowning.

"Avoiding each other isn't going to fix anything. If anything, it's going to break you two apart further than you already have been." He huffed. "Talk to him. Call him. Show up at his apartment. Skype him. I don't know Jimin, just don't keep this bottled up! I want you two to work out, because I've seen how happy he makes you - but that can't happen if you don't talk!"

"I'm scared of what he might say Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed, blinking back the tears he felt building up. "I'm scared that you're wrong! That he doesn't want me! What if he never has? What if he doesn't want 'Jimin'? What if he just wants 'Jimin's body'? That's all he wanted when he first met me, who's to say that's not still on his mind?"