dieciocho

--
"Jungkook? What are you doing?"

It had been a few days since Jungkook and Jimin had reconnected, and although they had been talking to each other either through the phone or Skype, Jimin never expected to see the younger standing at his door with a bouquet of flowers.

"I want to ask you out on a date." Jungkook answered, his words causing a blush rise on Jimin's face. "But I didn't know how to make it special, so I googled it right? And Google told me that flowers are good for asking people out, unless you don't like flowers or are allergic in that case I guess I should've asked you first but I wanted it to be a surprise-"

"Jungkook." Jimin interrupted, laughing as the younger stopped his rambling. "I'm not allergic, they're beautiful." He took the bouquet from Jungkook, smelling the flowers and smiling softly.

"Okay good." Jungkook grinned, "So, would you like to go out on a date with me?"

"Not really." Jimin shrugged, giggling as he watched Jungkook's face drop. "I'm kidding! Of course I would. Just let me go put these in some water." He gestured to the flowers, Jungkook nodding and following Jimin inside his apartment.

"Oh who are those from?" Jungkook looked up to the sound of a voice he could recognize as Hoseok's, watching as he walked into the kitchen and eyed the bouquet.

"He's right here." Jimin smiled, grabbing Jungkook's arm and tugging him into Hoseok's view. "Jungkook here has asked me out on a date."

Hoseok smiled softly and looked over at the youngest, nodding and leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Is that so?" He grinned, Jungkook nodding and smiling when Jimin leaned into him gently. "Have fun then."

He looked as if he wanted to say more before his phone rang, expression changing into something Jungkook knew well when he saw the contact. "I've got to take this." Hoseok smiled, answering it and beginning to walk out of the room. "Hey you." They heard him basically coo into the phone, Jimin and Jungkook exchanging questioning expressions. "I miss you too.. Pretty sure that both our apartments are going to be empty so it's up to you..."

Jimin raised an eyebrow as Hoseok's words became indecipherable the farther away he got, shrugging and setting the bouquet in a vase that he had filled with water.

"I literally have no idea what that was about so don't bother asking." He laughed, turning around and reaching out to take Jungkook's hand in his. "But let's not worry about it, because I believe we have a date to get to?"

"We do." Jungkook nodded, intertwining their fingers and walking with Jimin to the front door, where the older slipped his shoes on.

--

"I was going to go really fancy, but I kind of don't own any formal wear so I decided against it, I hope this is fine.."

Jimin smiled softly and looked up from the menu of the quaint little restaurant they both sat in, finding all of Jungkook's worrying extremely adorable.

"I think I like this better than a fancy place." He reassured, "It feels almost.. Homey. I'm not a very fancy person, so I always feel out of place in upscale restaurants."

"I'm glad you like it then." The younger smiled, reaching across the table to rest his hand on top of the older's. "This is technically our first date right? I'd like to learn more about you. I've known you for awhile, but I didn't take the time to get to know you. I feel bad about that."

"Learn about me?" Jimin asked, tapping his chin as he thought. "Well let's see.. My name's Park Jimin and I'm twenty two years old." He laughed, "I don't really like sweets even though I work in a bakery. I like to draw.. And paint! Oh my god I love to paint so much it's not even funny."

"You should show me some of your art sometime." Jungkook grinned, loving how passionate Jimin got about the topic. He realized then how much he had missed out on before, when he didn't bother to ask the older about his interests or anything of the such.

"I should." Jimin agreed. "Nobody's really taken interest in it until now, so I'd love to."

Jungkook felt butterflies erupt in his stomach at the sight of Jimin's soft smile, observing the way his eyes crinkled up as he did so, a hint of pink dusting across his cheeks that Jungkook found absolutely adorable. "What are you staring at?" Jimin mumbled, wiping at his face as if there was something on it.

"You." The younger smiled, "How could I not?" Jimin's eyes widened, his smile widening instead after a few moments as his expression softened.

"Alright. When did you become such a romantic?" He asked, Jungkook shrugging and resting his head on his hand.

"Since I realized how much you mean to me."

"And we're being cheesy now too." Jimin laughed, bringing his hands up to his face in attempt to cover up his blush.

"Cheesiness and romance go hand in hand when it comes to me." Jungkook shrugged, the older rolling his eyes and chuckling. His eyes darted up once he saw their waiter approaching their table, thanking him once he set their food down.

"I guess I have that to look forward then don't I?" Jimin asked, Jungkook heart swelling at his words and nodding.

"You do."

The evening went on extremely well, the two spending the time simply getting to know each other, because they hadn't done so previously. It was with various episodes of laughter, Jungkook saying something that would make the older's face heat up; and vice-versa.

"You've got something on your face. Jungkook commented towards the end of their meal, taking a sip of his drink as he watched Jimin's eyebrows shoot up, the older wiping at his face soon after.

"Did I get it?" He asked, Jungkook shaking his head.

"Here, I'll get it." He chuckled, eyes darting around the restaurant to make sure that nobody was looking before leaning across the table and pressing his lips to Jimin's cheek briefly. Jimin's eyebrows shot up, his expression softening in a few moments however as he stared warmly at the younger.

"If you're trying to win me over, you're doing a damn good job at it." He grinned, Jungkook laughing and nodding.

"I'm glad to hear that."

--
a/n:
I nearly swallowed an ant today and it was a terrifying experience.

- Charlie :)