vientiseis

Christmas is so soon and I'm so hype wow
--
It was one of the coldest days that week as Jimin and Jungkook walked down the sidewalk together, shoulders brushing as they did so.

"Are you doing alright, Jimin-Hyung?" Jungkook could tell that the words he spoke startled his boyfriend a little bit, Jimin's eyes widening before he looked up at Jungkook.

"Of course I am. Why do you ask?" The older answered, eyebrows furrowed as he looked to his boyfriend for an answer.

Jungkook frowned, the wind sending a fairly strong gust that tousled his hair. It wasn't anything huge, it was just that Jimin had been really quiet recently. It was a bit confusing to the younger, because his boyfriend was always cheery; Jungkook thought he was, at least.

"It's just.. I don't know, you've been really quiet recently, that's all." Jungkook shrugged. "It's probably nothing but, I just want to make sure that I haven't done anything wrong..."

"You've done nothing wrong Kook." Jimin smiled, leaning up onto his tiptoes to press a quick kiss to Jungkook's cheek. He felt his heart beat quicker the moment his lips came in contact with the younger's skin. He then felt Jungkook relax, electricity shooting up from his fingertips when the younger reached down to intertwine their fingers.

He wondered if the effect Jungkook had on him would ever dull, or if it would always be as intense as it was now.

"I've just been... Tired." Jimin explained, the lie rolling off his tongue a little too easily for him to be comfortable with. He hadn't really realized that he had been more quiet usually, but it must have been pretty obvious for Jungkook to pick up on it. He had just been doing a lot of thinking lately; about him, and Jungkook - where they stood and how the younger truly felt about him, if he was the only one feeling the way he did or if Jungkook reciprocated the feelings.

He'd been lost in his thoughts a lot recently, but worrying Jungkook was the last thing that he wanted to do.

Jungkook seemed to have been convinced, squeezing Jimin's hand softly and pressing a light kiss to his forehead.

"If anything's bothering you, don't be afraid to tell me alright?" He mumbled, swinging his and his boyfriend's hands as they walked.

"Got it."

-

"Hey Hoseok-Hyung, are you in love with Yoongi?"

Hoseok looked obviously taken aback by the question Jimin asked him as they were closing down the bakery, pausing in the middle of picking up his keys to look over at the younger with widened eyes.

"Why do you ask?" The older countered, shoving his keys into the pocket of his sweater and taking a few steps closer, sitting in the chair beside Jimin.

"I'm just wondering." That was not the most truthful response Jimin could have given, the truth being that he was trying to think of how to define his feelings for Jungkook; maybe Hoseok could help him.

"Well," Hoseok began, "My answer isn't going to be a simple one. I'd like to put out here now that love is a very broad topic to talk about. But do I love Yoongi?.. I don't think so."

Jimin's eyes widened, every since he had found out that Hoseok and Yoongi had been dating all he heard about Yoongi was praises and compliments from Hoseok. They spent so much time with each other, and Jimin swore that he could just see it in Hoseok's eyes.

"I can tell just by your face that you're jumping to conclusions." The older sighed. "No I'm not leading Yoongi on, I truly do care about him, and if he disappeared tomorrow I'd be heartbroken." He paused. "I'm just not a 'love at first sight' kind of guy. Love... Grows gradually for me. It never really slaps me in the face, or dawns on me in some great revelation. It's a slow build. Love is perceived differently by everyone, got that Jimin?"

Jimin nodded.

"Yeah." He sighed, tapping his fingers along the table they both sat at.

"But just because I don't know if I'm truly in love with him doesn't mean I don't care about him. If he's sad, so am I. When he's happy, my life's brighter." A small smile began to grow on his face. "And I know you're probably sitting across from me thinking: 'But Hoseok that sounds like love to me!' Maybe it is, but I don't think I'm ready to recognize it as such."

The younger of the two nodded once more, allowing Hoseok's words to sink in as he directed his gaze to outside of the window beside them.

"The real reason I asked you about this was because-"

"Of Jungkook, I know." Hoseok interrupted. "You think you're in love with him don't you?"

"And it scares me." Jimin nodded, confirming Hoseok's assumptions. "You said that for you love builds slowly right?" The brunette nodded, "For me it's... It's not easy for me to fall in love, but when I do; I fall hard. I wish I didn't, because it makes it a lot easier to get hurt."

Jimin bit his lip softly. "I've had a few relationships before, but I know that they weren't love. And I feel bad for saying it now but, I knew they wouldn't last by the end of the first date." He paused, looking up at Hoseok. "But Jungkook, he's caused me so much trouble and I'm still here. Still head over heels. Still would be crushed if he left tomorrow."

"I'm not going to rattle off a bunch of things like 'Do you feel incomplete when you're apart?' or anything like that to help you decide if it's love or not, because as I said it feels different for everyone." Hoseok smiled. "But, all I want to say is that when you're ready, tell him. Don't be scared to."

"But-"

"You've talked to me numerous times about how you're still worried about him still only being with you for your body. If you tell him that you love him and he wants to break it off after, you'll know that you were probably right and then you can go find someone who's better for you." Jimin nodded, looking down at the table. "But if he returns the feelings, then hopefully all will go well from there."

The blonde sighed, playing with the sleeves of the jacket he wore, looking out the window once more he noticed that the sky was darkening; it must be later than he thought.

"Thanks." Jimin sighed, checking the time on his phone before standing up. "We were supposed to close up over twenty minutes ago."

"It's fine, don't worry."

--
a/n:
I was going to end this book a lot sooner but then I got a kinda big idea so

- Charlie :)