---

"-Rudeness." I said, and gasped. A beautiful river flowed peacefully by us, slow moving at this point of the curves.

I looked at the map, and again, the dot was moving towards us, but this time it was much further away. Soon it was directly on top of us, but I couldn't see anything in the water.

A shadow fell over us slowly, and I grabbed Mirage, flying away as fast as possible, gaining altitude.

I growled at the gigantic Silver Falcon, dodging lithely as it dove at us. I threw a rune at it, but it simply melted as it left my hand.

I ducked again, and sighed. "Son of a bitch... guess I can't use magic... what about weapons?" I drew the same spear as before, and flew above him to get a better shot. When he started flying towards me, I took aim, and flung the spear against his right eye, the only part of him that wasn't Silver.

I watched in shock as the spear shattered against his eyeball, and he snatched me out of the air by the legs.

I poured fire down his throat, and he released me, squeaking in pain. I grinned and rubbed my bruised thighs, lighting up a hand with lightning. "So you're not as fireproof inside, huh? Good." I grabbed his beak, and plunged my sparking hand into it, using pure mana to electrocute him.

His feathers didn't ruffle, but his eyes dissolved, turning into two little gems, which I sent to my treasure room, along with his Silver feathers and Skull. A white key dangled in his right eye socket, just like the crocodile, so I took that one as well.

Everything else melted, and again turned the river under us red. I sighed. "We're going to cause some problems, aren't we?" I asked.

"Probably. So that's Sobek and Horus... who's next?" She asked, flying us down to the little bank we'd landed on, creating a portal quickly.

"As long as it's not Bastet, we'll be fine. I don't think I could fight a giant, indestructible cat." I shivered.

She laughed. "I'm sure it won't be Bastet." She said, and opened the portal door to the Murray River.

---

I hummed and looked around. "Wow... its kinda dark here, isn't it?"

"Well it is around 9:00 in the afternoon here." She shrugged.

I nodded. "Alright, then let's get looking for the next Guardian."

She smiled. "Ooh let's. Maybe you won't get bitten by this one." She said sarcastically.

"Hey! Both times, it was a plot to kill it! I've done well!"

"Yes, yes you have, dearest, I'm just teasing." She patted my head, and I growled at her, pulling out the map.

The dot was staying still... "Looks like we'll have to go find this one." I sighed.

She nodded. "Sounds like Fun."

I started walking, following a small animal trail up the rocky land around us, and grinned when I crested the hill. A thin, winding river flowed past us, stretching out over the darkening safari.