Chapter 39

--Sebastian--

February 6th
I jump with nerves as I wait for James to wake up. I had been planning today for two weeks now and it was so hard keeping it a secret. James knew something was up because one minute I would be excited and the next I would be stressing out. He kept asking what was up and it was so hard not to blurt everything to him.

But today he finally gets to find out what I have been keeping from him. What has been causing my crazy mood swings like a pregnant woman. And right now, my mood swings are bouncing. I'm nervous right now about how he'll react. Will he like it? What if it's too much? What if he hates it all? See, now I'm stressing and worried.

"Will ya' knock that off already?" Alexa grumbles annoyed. She's having that time of the month so she's extra crabby. "Stop stressing when ya' know he'll love it. We all put our sweat n' blood into this, so if doesn't like it I'll punch him in his dumb face," She growls out.

"Don't punch him, baby," Codee giggles next to her as they cuddle on the couch, Alexa with a heating pad to her stomach of course.

"But I will if he doesn't like Sebastian's surprise," She grumbles.

"He'll love it you guys, he has too, Sebastian put all his effort into making this perfect,"

I barely listen to them as I arrange the snack table once again. This has to be the fifth, no sixth, maybe seventh, or was it the eighth time I've rearranged the table? Ninth? No, it has to be the fifth. Yeah, it must only be the fifth time.

"Stop touchin' it," Alexa practically yells at me. "You'll mess everythin' up and then he definitely won't like it,"

"Alexa, baby, maybe we should take a nap," Codee suggests.

"Fine, but only when the dummy gets here. Seriously," She lets out a low growl. "Why isn't he up yet? Did ya' keep him up all night or somethin'?" She asks with her glare pointed at me.

My face heats up as I look away from her. She doesn't need to know that I keep James up every night, especially not how I keep him up every night.

"He's coming," A pup hisses as he runs into the living room to me. My heart thumps in my chest as nervous butterflies flutter around inside my stomach.

As soon as James walks into the living room everyone shouts 'surprise!'. Everyone consisting of the Alpha's family, Alexa's whole family including Codee, Wanda and her mate Anthony (who are already mated because Wanda took the werewolf news great), and random pack members who helped me set up.

James blinks as he takes everything and everybody in. I practically chew my bottom lip off as I watch his reaction. He has surprise and confusion written all over his handsome face. He's so cute.

"What is all this?" James asks, his eyes finding me still at the snack table.

"Happy birthday," I say nervously.

His eyebrows furrow for only a second before understanding flits across his face and he smiles. "Right, it's my birthday isn't it,"

"It is," I laugh. "It's not too much, is it?" I ask worried.

"If ya' say it's too much I will punch ya' ugly face," Alexa growls.

James smirks at Alexa. "That time of the month again, Alexa?"

Alexa lets out a lethal sounding growl that doesn't seem to faze James one bit. "Shut up,"

"Damn, I'm sure glad to have been born a boy," He laughs as he makes his way over to me still standing like an idiot by the snack table, which happens to be located right next to the couch that Alexa and Codee are situated. "I'm glad you're a boy too," He says to me with a wink only I see. My face flushes at what he means.