You Share a Meaningful Christmas Together with the Children {Imagine}

It seems like ages since I've added an imagine to this collection!
My previously published story seems to have failed a little (I knew it would but wanted to publish it anyway), so here's a sweet one to make up for the morbid one I last published.

--

{Dangerous era – 1994; Michael IS famous.}

With so many bags full of presents, you and Michael walk into the children's hospice together. You and Michael have been together for about three years, and for this Christmas you're hoping more than anything that he'll finally make your relationship official by proposing. However, that's the least of your worries as you enter the hospice, greeted by the main nurse.

"Mr and Mrs Jackson, it's such an honour to meet you. I'm Shanice, and I'll be showing you 'round. The children are so excited!" she beams, almost looking on the verge of tears herself.

"That's great," Michael smiles, clearly keen to meet them all.

"But we aren't married – yet," you add, hinting obviously with the latter word that you do want it to happen.

Michael doesn't even seem to react in response to you, and instead holds up the bags in his hands. "I got all the children a little something. That's okay, isn't it?"

"Oh, Mr Jackson, the children'll be so happy. You really didn't need to do that; just being here is more than enough!" She clasps her hands together, sighing contently at your boyfriend's kindness.

"It's a pleasure to make them happy," he replies, brushing the subject off. "I'm very happy to be here, too."

"Let's not waste any time," Shanice grins, leading you both to the first part of the building. "These are the children who have ... well, slightly longer left, to be polite."

As you scan the room, you see the many faces of tired, sick children in their beds. It breaks your heart to see them this way.

"Hey there." Michael has already gone ahead and started to visit the children by their beds. "I'm Michael. What's your name?"

The child – a young boy with little doe eyes – immediately perks up at the sight of Michael. He smiles faintly and reaches his arms up, as if asking for a hug. "Archie."

Michael quickly allows Archie to enter his embrace, and he slicks back some of the child's fair hair. You can see clearly that Michael's eyes are welling up with tears, but he's smiling because he knows he's making the child happy.

"Archie? That's a wonderful name. And how old are you?"

"Six." The boy seems worn out just speaking, so he falls forward into Michael's arms again, which Michael is more than happy to accept.

He smiles at Archie, even though his smile won't be seen by the child; Shanice then moves towards Michael to explain what's wrong with him. Michael looks up at her, nodding in understanding, though pained to know of the suffering he's going through.

"Would you like a present, Archie? Seeing as it's Christmas?" Michael offers sweetly, gently pulling away from him as not to hurt him. With a nod from the boy, he brings out a beautifully wrapped parcel, and hands it to him. "Merry Christmas, little fighter. I hope you achieve your dreams."

Archie smiles up at Michael with a face full of gratitude, before opening his present – with guidance from Michael, of course. You approach the bed and caress the child's cheek as he finishes opening the package, to reveal a blue toy car with a remote control.

"Thank you Michael," he says quietly, obviously pleased with what he's been given.

"It's a pleasure. Keep fighting for me, won't you? Because you're a strong little soldier. Very brave." A saddened smile spreads across his face as he answers, before he kisses his hand and presses it lightly atop Archie's head. "Have a lovely Christmas."