Dear Diary {One-shot}

March 1983

Dear diary,

Today was almost impossible to put into words. I debuted my long-rehearsed Moonwalk for all my fans to see, and they adored it! The only person who didn't like it was myself; I messed up the move after, in which I was supposed to go up on my toes and just stay there. Completely frozen. But no – I lost my balance, and my feet hit the floor after only half a second.

My brothers were telling me it went perfectly – they said it was a performance that would make history. I didn't quite see it myself, and I cried because I was annoyed with myself for messing up. But then, a boy came, and the look on his face was priceless. He asked me how I dance the way I do, so I just said "Practice, I guess". He was the only person to convince me it was all good; children don't lie.

You could say today has been a good day. I'm so excited about what's to come! :D

Michael J.

~~

September 1987

Dear diary,

My new Bad album came out a few days ago, and I'm excited for it. I know it won't top what Thriller has achieved, but I like to think it'll do well. The sad thing is, people are starting to see me in other ways – I'm no longer just Michael Jackson the singer. I'm Michael Jackson the bizarre, strange, unpredictable wacko, and it hurts my heart.

I've been working on the short films for my songs, but people don't seem to care about the art any more; they only seem to care about how "crazy" I am. Honestly, if I told them I was an alien from Mars who eats live chickens and does a voodoo dance at midnight, they would probably believe it. I'm trying to laugh it off, but it's getting hard.

It started off as a joke, but now it looks like the joke's on me.

Michael J.

~~

December 1993

Dear diary,

I'm not even sure if I want to exist right now. I've just gotten home from the worst day of my entire life – having been accused of the sexual mistreatment of children, I had to take part in a strip search today. It was the most dehumanising, humiliating ordeal anyone could ever face; I feel sick to my stomach as I write this.

There was a picture of Liz Taylor for me to look at whilst I removed my robe, but it didn't help at all. The people running the photoshoot weren't happy with me because I'm a shy person. Can they blame me? I've been in the spotlight all my life, and now they wish to see me without my clothing? It's too much. It really is.

In the space of an hour, I completely lost my pride and dignity. It's like I have nothing left at all. I'm practically no longer classed as a human; I feel as if I'm an animal.

Lord, let things get better. Please.

Michael J.

~~

December 1994

Dear diary,

Things are so much better now. I'm happily married to my gorgeous wife Lisa Marie Presley, and I couldn't be happier with her. She's been helping me through the tough times, along with Liz and my family, and it's kind of been working. I'm soon going to be releasing my next album, HIStory. Most of the songs on there will most-likely be my way of expressing my feelings of the past year to everyone; this is my first work since the accusations.

I've been filming the teaser trailer for the album, and it's been a lot of fun. Lisa has been coming with me every day for support, and we've had a laugh, and perhaps a few minutes of cuddling and kissing every so often. (: