2

Miami 04/27/2017 - 2pm

"So are you going to finish telling me about this mission in Texas?" Barry asks, sitting on my couch.

We have been training since five this morning. I was exhausted but didn't show it. I stretch out my muscles as I explain more about the son, Dylan Cunningham, and how he may or may have not been manipulated into joining a mafia.

"Wait Luce," he stops me. "There's nothing you can do about that."

"But guess who manipulated him into joining the mafia." I say, smiling. "Harry Styles."

Barry shrugs. "There are a lot of Styles' out in the world, Luce."

"Barry, do you not remember what I can do?"

"Please don't remind me."

I get my laptop from the counter and plop next to Barry. "I researched everything about this guy." I tell him, showing everything I dug up. "On his birth certificate, Harry Styles is the son of Anne and Desmond." I point out. "Des Styles!"

"I don't think you should go through with this mission."

"Why?" I frown. "Barry, we're so close to them and you don't want to do anything about it?"

"Luce, Des Styles is a very smart man."

"Yes, you've told me that about a billion times already."

"Then you should understand that Des probably trained his son his ways. You won't make it back alive."

"No," I deny, standing up. "I won't sit here and have you doubt me."

"Des Styles–"

"Is a smart man! I know!" I raise my voice.

Barry stands up and grips my shoulders. "He is also a very powerful man and he took down your parents. They were the best agents on our team and he took them down. What makes you think you can go beyond that?"

"You can come with me." I suggest. "You were trained by my parents and you trained me. I'm sure we can take them down together."

"Then I'll be questioned as to how I got a lead on them. That is if I make it out alive." he says, rubbing the stress off his face. "I'll get caught helping a hacker then thrown into prison."

"Well, I'll go by myself then." I say confidently. "I don't need your help."

"Luce-"

"You can leave now." I tell him, avoiding eye contact. "Thanks for training me."

"Lucille, you're jumping to your death."

"I'm going Barry!" I snap. "With or without your help."

He sighs, pulling me into a hug. "Please think about it because it'll be without me."

Barry gathers his stuff and leaves my apartment. I sit back on the couch and look at the birth certificate on my laptop screen. Then I begin looking through all the information I dug up these past months.

05/09/2017 4:05pm

Today is the day I fly out to Dallas, Texas. I haven't talked to Barry since that day we had our disagreement. I was going through with this by myself. I feel ready, also nervous about how this will turn out. The need for revenge is in my head, but I need to keep in mind that I'm helping someone too.

Right before I go into security, I was stopped. I turn around to see Barry running after me. I smile, holding back baby tears as we hug.

"I don't want you to go through with this, b-"

"Barry, you know I have to."

"–but, I won't stop you from getting that bitch, Des, back." he smiles. "I do want to help and I wish I could go."

"Yes, I understand why you can't." I nod.

Barry embraces my face. "Please make it back alive."

"I will." I promise, looking into his eyes.

He leans down and kisses my forehead. "I love you, Luce."

"I love you too, Barry." I giggle, pulling away. He digs into his pocket and hands me a key. "What is this?"

"It's a key to a storage locker in Dallas." he tells me. "I'll text you an address and this will help you out a lot."

"A storage locker?"

"Yes," he laughs. "Lets just say it's an early birthday gift for you. Call me when you get there, okay."

I nod before walking away to the security check line. I keep the key securely in my hand until it was my turn. I turn back to see Barry watching me. He waves goodbye then disappears into the crowd.