Sixth

source : Mental health daily 

6. EatingDisorders

Eating disorders are defined as a series of dysfunctional eating patterns that satisfy the person in ways other than nutrition. Many eating disorders are thought to be caused by body image problems, low self-esteem, and other mental health issues. It is thought that eating disorders are a way a person attempts to cope with unrelated issues such as: abuse, troublesome emotions, communication problems, or an identity crisis.

By eating in a certain way it allows the person to feel a sense of control over their life and situation. A common disorder is that of anorexia, which is the refusal to eat enough food to maintain a healthy body weight. Others include: bulimia, compulsive overeating, and purging disorder. All of these disorders tend to affect both physical and mental health negatively.

A person dealing with an eating disorder may constantly feel suicidal as a result of a nutrient-deficient diet. Poor diets can lead a person to feel depression and constant negative emotions. Only when the diet is corrected can a person experience improvements in mental health and pain associated with their situation. Additionally in cases of eating disorders, other underlying issues usually need to be addressed in therapy before progress can be made.

_________________________

@Night_fury96 (admin)

team no_suicide 

__________________________