• T h i r d •

Source: Mental Health Daily.

•••

#3.Bullying

Most people experience bullying to some degree while growing up and going through school – it's an inevitable part of life.

Bullying can have a profound effect on the way people think and how they feel. Most people that are bullied end up feeling extremely depressed, worthless, and hopeless to change their situation.

Unfortunately in many cases, bullying goes completely unrecognized until the victim can't take it anymore and sees suicide as the only way to escape the pain that they are experiencing. Some kids view bullying others as a way to fit in and/or prove themselves in regards to social hierarchy. Kids that get bullied are often viewed as being either physically weak and/or socially weak to not come up with witty responses.

Additionally, now there is a phenomenon called "cyber bullying" in which people fall victim to being bullied online. This happens on social media sites, comments sections of websites, and various blogs that aim to ruin people's reputations and make people feel ashamed. When a person is bullied online and/or has privacy exposed online, they may view a ruined reputation as the end of the world and feel helpless to change their situation – which could lead to suicide.

Preventions:

- Bullying should be highly discouraged. If you or someone else is being bullied, do not be silent. Speaking out will not make you weak.

- It should be reported to the police, school, office or any other institution where bullying takes place.

- Bullying is serious, physical or verbal. If you see someone being bullied, please step up and stop it. Being a bystander is no better than being a perpetrator.

- Cyber bullying should be reported to the social media site and/or to the police.

- Speaking to sibling, teachers, parents can help you put a stop to bullying.

- In case you need someone to talk to, please message us.

•••

Thank you for reading. Feedback is welcome.

— Team no_suicide

Night_fury96 (admin)
MissManagerK (admin)