"Not even close," he teased.

"I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually," I said in a dark tone.

"I wish you wouldn't try." He said seriously.

"Why not?"

"What if not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" he said with a playful smile.

"All girls have a soft spot for the bad guys." I said.

"You're dangerous? I couldn't imagine." I added. I had no doubt in my mind that he could be, but whatever monster he seemed to think he was looked to be a separate entity entirely. He was still light despite his apparent love for darkness. He looked away from my gaze.

"Dangerous but not bad," I stated.

"You're wrong," his voice had become very low. It was obvious that whatever set him apart from everyone else wasn't something he was proud of. It only made my fascination with him double. "I have eyes, Edward. I see you, whether you like it or not. Your actions say otherwise."

"Come on, we're going to be late," I said gesturing to the almost empty cafeteria.

"I'm not going to class today," he said.

"Why not?"

"It's healthy to ditch every now and then."

"Well, I'm going to go." I said knowing that should I get caught it would get back to Charlie faster than I could say grounded.

"I'll see you later then," he said with a small smile.

***

I immediately regretted not skipping with Edward as soon as I noticed what we were doing in class. Testing to find our blood type. Ew no, thank you. The moment I saw Mr. Banner prick Mike's finger, I knew I was done for. Nope, I need to go immediately, as soon as possible. "Bella, you don't look so good." Mr. Banner noted. "Not too good around blood." I retorted.

"Can someone take Bella to the nurse?" He asked the class. He'd barely finished the sentence before Mike volunteered as tribute.

Mike seemed a little too eager as he put his arm around me. We slowly made our way towards the building but I needed a moment.

"Let me sit for a moment, please." I started not really asking for permission.

"Also, keep your hand in your pocket." I added.

"Wow, Bella you really don't look so good."

"Bella?" I heard a familiar voice call. Oh, not now. What if I barf on him? I turned to Edward's tall figure standing behind me.

"Go away."

He chuckled in response.

"I was taking her to the nurse," Mike explained. "But she needed a moment."

Edward scooped me up in his arms as if it were nothing.

"I can take her. You can go back to class," he stated. Mike began to protest but Edward ignored him.

"Put me down!" I protested. Edward had already begun to walk away. I heard Mike call out "Hey!" but Edward ignored him.

"So you faint at the sight of blood? And not even your own blood?" he said.

"Oh, no," the nurse said as we walked through the door.

"She fainted in Biology," Edward explained.

"Blood typing?" she asked.

"Yes," Edward responded.

"There is always one," she chuckled. "Just relax for a moment sweetheart. It will pass."