I gave him an annoyed look, "Did you just call me dumb?" I asked.

He shook his head and smiled showing his perfect white teeth.

"So as long as I am not smart, we will try to be friends," I stated.

"That's right."

I shook my head at how ridiculous the conversation sounded.

"What are you thinking?" He asked while leaning forward. His eyes seemed to take hold of mine. His beautiful golden orbs were unforgiving.

"I am trying to figure out what you are." He leaned away from me.

"Are you having any luck with that?"

"Nope."

"What are your theories?" He chuckled.

"I don't think you should know," I said jokingly.

"That's really frustrating." I tried not to focus on how deep his voice got when he said "really". I could get lost staring at the artwork that was Edward Cullen. He wore a gray t-shirt and dark-colored jeans. His veins stood out on his pale, muscular arms. I wondered if he played sports. He didn't really look like the type but you never know. His hair was in his signature, messy look. I loved his hair. I wanted to run my fingers through it and-"Bella." He called my name making me realize that I had just got lost in la-la land. "Sorry," I said simply.

I continued on as if I had never had a moment. "I can't imagine why that would be frustrating. Thoughts are a private thing you know? And with your little cryptic messages that could keep someone up at night wondering the hell they meant, well now, that's frustrating." I said.

He scowled at me.

" Want to know something else?  When someone does all these bizarre things like saving your life in an impossible situation and never explaining how the hell they did it really gets to ya"

"You've got a bit of a temper, don't you?" he mocked.

"I don't like double standards," I stated and crossed my arms.

He let out a small laugh that broke the silence that had fallen between us.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Your boyfriend seems to think I am being unpleasant with you. He thinks he should come to save you and defend your honor."

"I don't know who you're talking about. I'm sure you are wrong anyway."

"I'm not. I told you, most people are very easy to read."

"Except me, of course," I said with a smile.

"Yes. Except for you," he mused. "I wonder why that is." His eyes intensified on mine and I looked away feeling like he was trying to intrude my soul.

"Aren't you hungry?" he asked.

"No. You?" I responded.

"No," he smirked as if there were some joke I didn't understand.

"Do me a favor, yeah?" I said.

"That depends on what you want," his voice wary.

"The next time you decide that you are just too dangerous to have me in your presence, warn me first."

"That sounds fair." I nodded.

"Thanks." He sighed.

"Now answer my question." He demanded.

"Tell me one of your theories." He said

I laughed knowing that they were all ridiculous.

"Bitten by a radioactive spider?" I proposed. He laughed the loudest I've ever heard.