A New Beginning

Lucas

"Well she isn't talking to me!" Farkle stormed in at 2 am on Saturday morning.

"Keep it down," I grumbled as I shut the door quietly, "Carly's asleep!"

Farkle winced, "Sorry. I didn't know you had her this weekend."

"I actually have her permanently now," I say quietly walking to my fridge and handing him a bottle of water.

"What?" Farkle said confused, "But what about your aunt?"

"Aunt Cassie knew that us staying there was only temporary," I explain, "She was wanting to start having her own family anyways with her fiancé."

"Wow," my friend whistles, "So you're a single dad now huh?"

"Technically, yeah. I guess I am," I sigh not really having given it any thought, "At least until I get married and add to our family."

"And of course you are expecting this wife to be a certain klutzy brunette I'm guessing," Farkle smirks.

"Didn't you come over here to vent about your relationship?" I say changing the subject.

"Yeah but I feel like me telling you all of my issues isn't going to help either of us," Farkle sighs sipping his water, "Plus it's my own fault for keeping her out of the loop."

"Because I asked you to," I pointed out, "I'm sorry man."

He shrugs, "You're my best friend. I'd do anything for you. If she doesn't understand that then I'm not sure where we stand. Especially because if it had been Riley, she would never have considered telling me anything."

"This is probably true," I admit, "Those two do have their own code when it comes to their friendship."

"But I don't know why she's so upset!" he says frustrated, "It's not like I'm the one who had the baby! Plus Zay knew too!"

As if on cue a knock at the door once alerted us to Zay who just walked in.

"Those girls are unbelievable!" he says shaking his head.

"Come on in," I say sarcastically.

"I'm moving in this week," Zay points out.

"He's moving in!?" Farkle says pouting.

"I'm his best friend and Carly's godfather," Zay smiles proudly.