"Lets start over?"

Riley

Play SONG: Best Friends Since Childhood by Blake Neely💛❤️💛❤️

Sitting in the bay window is supposed to help me feel better but instead all I can think about is Lucas's face as he walked away.

I just stare at the box in my lap hoping that I have enough courage to open it.

I barely notice the window slide open and a body plop down next to me.

"Riles?"

"Hmmm?" I respond distractedly.

Farkle sighs, "I thought we agreed to not open the box."

I look up at my best friend to see him staring at me with sad eyes.

"I know," I sigh looking back at the box, " It's just I never thought I'd see him again and I'm wondering if I should show him how bad he made me feel...."

"Riley," he says gently as he pulled his knees up, "We all know how hard this has been for you. Him leaving, coming back after all this time. As much as I want him to know the pain he's caused, I also don't want him to be in anymore pain."

I meet Farkle's eyes yet again, "He's in pain?"

"Oh come on Riley," Farkle smiled sadly, "Losing your best friend, leaving behind the only girl you've ever loved only to come back and she's moved on? Yeah. He's in pain."

I nodded feeling the tears threatening to fall, "But he left me, Farkle. We were all in pain after Cara died, but none of us ran away from the pain! We all dealt with it! And I did what I had to do to fix myself."

"We know that Riles," Farkle says putting his arm around me, "We know you and Adam needed each other to heal. Nobody's blaming you for putting yourself back together. And I don't even blame you for not telling us you were even together. I just think you and Lucas need to sit down and talk. It will help you both feel better and find some peace. Maybe even become friends again?"

"I don't think I can," I whisper, "because I know if I let him back in...."

"You'll fall in love with him all over again,". Farkle finished for me.

"Who said I ever stopped," I said wiping away my tears.

"But Adam..." He began, "How do you feel about him?"

"I love Adam," I say quickly, "I really do but you and I both know I'm not Cara. He'll always be in love with her."

"Just like you'll always be in love with Lucas," Farkle nods, "We're quite the group huh?"

I give him a watery smile, "Speak for yourself, Mr. Minkus! You've got your girl!"

"And I'm never letting her go," he smirked.

"Good," I smiled leaning into his arms resting my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do," I whisper.

"Listen to your heart," he says chuckling.

"How cliche of you," I snort.

He sighs content, "You know whatever you do I'll be here for you."

I nod and shut my eyes.

"I love you, Riley Matthews."

"I love you to Farkle Minkus."

"Friends Forever?"

I laugh, "Forever. Maybe I should get us rings too?"

"Stop," he laughs, "Maya will kill us."