03||billywig

billywig

A small, vivid sapphire-blue insect with wings on its head which allow it to spin as it flies. Its sting causes giddiness and levitation and, when dried, can be used in several potions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newt tore his eyes away from the mesmerizing amethyst ones and properly looked at the woman for the first time.

The first thing Newt noticed was the curly black hair that intricately framed the woman's slender face. Unlike most dark hair, which were actually dark brown, this woman had raven black hair—similar to the color of a a Niffler—but it was much more softer. Newt didn't know much about how to characterize facial features, (besides, who really cares if you have a "celestial nose" or a set of full lips?) but Newt found her delicate and beautiful.

A slim and smooth hand reached up to his face and gently took the wand out of his mouth, brushing past his cheek while doing so.

Newt's gaze returned to her eyes. Very beautiful indeed. The only person he'd ever known with purple eyes was...Newt furrowed his eyebrows.

"Athena?"

Newt watched as the woman's face split into a look of joy. Merlin, if she was beautiful before, she was absolutely breathtaking when she smiles. Unlike some women who always sported a polite and restrained smile around him, this woman smiled with her eyes and her face lit up like that of a child's when receiving a present.

"Oh Newt, I'm so glad to see you! I—"

"Screeet!"

Athena broke off as the two of them turned to look at the occamy resting in Newt's hand. It tilted its head as it observed them--her new "Mamas"

"Never mind, we can catch up later; we'd better put the little one back and find the Niffler." Athena whispered.

"How'd you know the Niff-"

*Scratch scratch scuttle scuttle*

Athena tilted her head; the sound was coming from the lower level...where the bank safe was...

"Oh no no nooo, he's where the safe is! That's practically a small dreamland for a Niffler." Athena groaned as she grabbed Newt's hand and raced down the stairs.

Jacob Kowalski rose up from his seated position on the stairs with a puzzled expression as he watched the two people descend.

"I-I was there, and now I'm here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here, let me take care of the occamy." Athena said as she held out her hand that still held Newt's wand.

Newt carefully transferred the baby occamy from his hand to Athena's outstretched ones and grabbed his wand in return. Athena--who usually likes her hand at a colder temperature--found herself slightly disappointed when Newt let go of her hand to give her his suitcase, bringing the warmth away with him. She shook it off--she was probably colder than usual and thus craved the warmth.

"Tap the suitcase three times to let them know you need them to behave." Newt warned.

Athena nodded. She gently placed the briefcase on the floor and tapped it three times before undoing the clasp. A demiguise popped out and held out her hands to Athena. After placing the ocammy in the babysitter's care, she closed the briefcase and stood up.

"Ahh, so you're gonna steal the money huh?" Mr. Bingley drawled as he moved to hit the alarm button.

"Petrificus totalus," Athena and Newt both said. Bingley froze and fell straight down but the alarm had been set off. Mr. Stocky Guy gaped at the motionless Bingley lying on the floor.

"Alohomora!"

*creeeeeeak*

Newt and Athena and Mr. Stocky Guy were greeted with a view of the Niffler lounging inside a drawer of silver treasures.

"Really?" Newt breathed out, exasperated, before storming into the safe and grabbing the Niffler by it's belly. 

Athena watched with amusement as Newt grabbed the Niffler by its feet, turned it upside down, and shook; gold, silver, money, and jewels rained down from the Niffler's pouch, clinging and clanging, onto the floor. Mr. Stocky Guy gaped on.

"You should really close that mouth of yours before you catch a billywig in there Mister. Oh and Newt, try tickling him." Athena calmly stated.

"A billy-wha--" Mr. Stocky Guy started, but was interrupted by more metal hitting the floor and rapid footsteps thundering down the stairs. Three officers appeared, blocking the entrance and holding up weapons.

"No no no; no no no, don't, don't shoot, DON'T SHOOT!"

"Silencio!"

*SMASH* *SWOOSH*

Newt had apparated them away and they left nothing other than a smashed phial with light blue smoke quickly dissipating through the air.

"Hey! Where'd they g-". An oddly calm look came over the officer's face as the smoke reached his face. The same effect took on his colleagues. The alarm stopped ringing.

..........................

"Hey boss, what are we doing here?" One officer asked, for nothing looked different nor odd with the closed safe.

"Uh...just checking, Morant. We were just checking up on the safe as we passed by. Back to work!"

The three officers left, not noticing the disintegrating remains of the phial. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Important A/N!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

I know 45 sounds like a measly little number, but it actually makes me so happy! :) Thank you for reading my story!

Now, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I really do wish that you guys would vote on the story! It motivates me to write and upload faster, not to mention, help the story become more well known. Can you guys pretty please-with-butterbeer-on-top vote for each chapter! That would be amazing!

Anyways, I decided to upload this chapter early because of the amount of reads + comments and votes. Enjoy!

_______________________________________________