02||occamy

02

occamy

Plumed, two-legged winged creature with a serpentine body, that is fiercely protective of its eggs. Can grow to vast lengths. Produces silver eggs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena was positive that the ginger man was a wizard after watching a Niffler climb out of his briefcase and hearing his chaser/seeker pun. She'd only seen the back of the man, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of familiarity. Perhaps he's a distant cousin of the Prewetts?

"Are you alright miss? Do you need help?"

Athena turned around to see a young man in a bank employee uniform and a hat with a crystal embedded in the front. She shook her head and smiled.

"No thank you, I'm fine"

"Really?"

She raised one brow at the question. Was the man daft?

"Are you sure you don't need any help? It's my pleasure to help out ladies—especially one as pretty as yourself" the man said with a wink.

Athena held in a groan; she knew men like him. They'll look nice and all, but their eyes wandered too much and they could never understand the word "no". She pasted a smile on her face.

"Yes really, I'm alri-" she trailed off. The Niffler was sitting on top of the man's hat trying to pick off the shiny crystal. How did the man not feel anything. Oh right he was too busy talking to her. She made eye-contact with the Niffler and gave him a knowing look. The Niffler jumped off and scrambled away.

"-and my shift ends in about thirty minutes. Say, would you like to go-"

"Sorry, I've got to go!" Athena blurted out and rushed past the man to follow the Niffler.

"Wait Miss!" He grabbed her arm. Athena bit back frustration. What is it with him and understanding that she wasn't interested? And the Niffler was getting away! Suddenly she spotted the ginger man walking around, searching. She had a plan. She broke away from the pest and dashed towards the ginger.

"Miss! I'm sorry! Could you please-"

"Darling!" Athena cried out as she embraced the ginger man with her arms around his neck.

~~~~~~

Newt started panicking as he lost sight of the Niffler; it wasn't safe for the Niffler to be surrounded by vicious muggles. He heard the sound of rapid footsteps getting louder and louder and stood up from searching under the table turning around just as he felt a person running into him with their arms thrown around his neck.

"Darling!" A melodic feminine voice cried out. He stiffened at the sudden physical contact.

"Sorry about this" said the woman—the voice can't possibly belong to a man—whispered into his ear, her breath tickling his ear. "I'm a bit in a bind; please, play along until I get rid of that pesky man?" She lowered her hands to hold onto the front of his great coat, and hid her face in his chest.

Newt looked behind the woman and saw a blonde man slowing down his approach to them, gaping with his mouth wide open. Newt circled his arms around the woman's waist—of course, just to play the part of the woman's "darling"— and watched as the blonde man turn around to leave, huffing with anger.

"You alright ther-"

*C-R-A-C-K*

"Hey! Mr. English Guy! I think your egg is hatching!"

Newt turned his head towards the source of the sound and saw the stocky man holding his precious Occamy egg. Swiftly, he wordlessly casted a spell pulling the man towards him before apparating away with the woman still holding onto his coat.

~~~~~~

*CRACK!*

They apparated into an isolated stairwell. The woman was pressed tightly to Newt's chest as he was pressed into the wall. The stocky man stumbled from the sudden shift; Newt stuck his wand between his teeth and quickly took the Occamy egg away from the man before it could be damaged as the man fell down a few steps.. He held it out in his hand as it hatched.

*wiggle wiggle crack wiggle crack POP!*

"Oh...it's beautiful" Newt heard the woman breath out. He looked down at the woman in his arms—well, a quick glance really—before turning his gaze back towards the newborn Occamy.

It was indeed beautiful. It had a majestic bird-like face covered in vibrant blue and purple feathers. Attached to it's long, graceful, serpent-like body was a pair of strong violet wings. It stared at them with it's large, intelligent eyes and peeped in greeting at his "Mummys". 

Newt's trance was broken off by a small gasp.

"....Newt..? I-is that really you?"

Newt turned his head to look down at the woman in his arms—his gaze met with a pair of startling violet eyes.

~~~~~~

A/N

I know it's not anything impressive...but 13 reads? Eeeeeep!!!

You guys make my day ^_^ Please vote as well!!!

Also, I might change the title of the story to "Metamorphmagus||Newt Scamander x OC", so you might want to remember that or add it to your library if you don't want to lose the story.

Thanks for Reading!