Chapter Five: Start the Chuunin Exam!

Now that the battle with Zabuza had ended, the team was able to rest up a bit and take it easy for a few days. The Hokage called for a meeting of the Jounin with squads in concerns to the Chuunin Exams. He asked them one by one if they would recommend their squads for them. All three leaders of the rookie ten recommended their teams for the Chuunin exams.

Iruka gasped, "Hold on! Lord Hokage, all of the names mentioned were all of my former students. They've all just graduated and became Gennin. It's too soon to have them in the Chuunin exams!"

He was adamant that none of the ten Gennin were ready. Kakashi assured him that they were in fact ready. He also made it extremely clear that they weren't Iruka's students anymore. Naruto, Sakura, Zemaria, and Sasuke were his students now. With that, the Hokage insisted that they leave things be and all ten Gennin would be in the Chuunin Exams.

    Kakashi asked them to meet up with him later in the day. As always, he was late. They were waiting on one of the bridges in the Village for several hours before he showed up.

    "Hey guys. How's it going?" He asked.

    "How's it going!?" They all yelled at him.

    "Sensei, you asked us here four hours ago! You're late!" Naruto yelled.

    Kakashi came up with a cover story, "I was lost on the path of life."

    Zemaria smacked him upside the back of his head and glared at him. The path of life my ass. He wasn't too thrilled about her approach. The reason why he wanted to meet up with them was simple. The Chuunin Exams were coming up.

    The Chuunin Exams is a series of tests need to be taken in order to be promoted from Gennin to Chuunin. There was the entrance exam, a second exam, and a final exam with one on one battles. Kakashi explained everything and handed each of them a form to fill out and hand in. Since their team had one extra person, if one of them didn't wish to participate in it, the rest could still participate. The requirement was a full squad of Gennin which only consisted of three people not four. They took the forms and filled them out.

    All they had to do now was wait.  Another two days passed and they all gathered in the first building to take a written exam. They were instructed to go to the third floor of the building. Two male Gennin were standing outside of the room preventing others from entering. Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and Zemaria walk over.

    "Let us through," Sasuke said not hesitating at all.

    "We're not going to let you," Izumo told him.

    Zemaria knew it was Kotetsu and Izumo but didn't let on, "We know this is only the second floor so you can release the Genjutsu from the sign. We're going to the third floor."

    "What a good eye. You saw through the Genjutsu did you?" Kotetsu remarked pretending not to know Zemaria.

    He released the Genjutsu and let them pass. To point out a few important people in this journey, there was a squad that was held back a year from the Chuunin exams to gain more experience and training before taking them on. They were Tenten, Rock Lee, and Neji Hyuuga. They were older than Naruto and his friends.

    Neji, Tenten, and Lee were amazed that Zemaria immediately saw through the deception. Initially they had thought they'd be the only ones capable of seeing through Genjutsu.

    "Hold on. You, the girl that saw through the Jutsu, what is your name?" Neji asked as they were walking away.

    Zemaria stopped and turned to face him, "Me? You'll have to find that out during a battle."