Chapter Four: The Impossible Mission

After enough of Naruto's constant complaining about 'kid missions', the Hokage finally assigned the squad to a C ranked mission. C missions are given mostly to Chuunins. Today was the exception. They were going to be body guards for a master Bridge Builder. His name was Tazuna and he came from the Land of Waves. Lord Hokage asked him to enter the room.

    Tazuna walked in and took one look at the Gennin, "What? You have got to be kidding me! I'm going to be protected by a bunch of children!?"

    Naruto's nostrils flared, "Who are you calling a bunch of children old man?"

    The arguing continued until Sakura landed a smack across Naruto's face and told him to stop acting so childish. They went on their way out of the Village. Tazuna had requested the services of the Leaf Shinobi to protect him from bandits but hadn't told them the full story.

    As they made their way to the Land of Waves, they passed a random puddle of water in the middle of the path. No one really thought anything of it except for Kakashi. Sure enough his suspicions were right. Two Chuunin Ninja flew up out of the puddle and attacked Kakashi. The Chuunin were referred to as The Demon Brothers.

    Kakashi used substitution in order to free himself from their chains around him. The one Chuunin went after Tazuna while the other provided a distraction. Sasuke took care of them first. They proceeded to attack Tazuna. Sakura was in formation to protect him. Sasuke quickly went in front of her to protect both of them. Before Kakashi could show himself and stop them, Zemaria took action.

    She went in front of all three of them. Her vines quickly took hold of the brothers. Their sharp thorns piercing their bodies. She had the thorns inject them with her poison. They went weak and their limbs went numb.

    "Zemaria, we don't want them dead," Kakashi showed himself finally.

    "I'm sorry Kakashi-Sensei. I got a bit carried away," she apologized.

    Kakashi interrogated the brothers but was unable to get anywhere with them. He determined that they were targeting the Bridge Builder. The next question was why him? What wasn't he telling them? Tazuna finally explained the whole story as they proceeded on and were making their way on a small boat entering the Land of Waves.

    "So you paid for the mission to be C ranked because you were unable to pay for a B or A rank?" Zemaria asked trying to understand.

    A horrible short man named Gato had been wreaking havoc upon Tazuna's Village. He and his goons were terrorizing the people there. Gato didn't want the bridge to be completed because it would mean more trade with the land they were connecting to and less money in his pocket. Kakashi and the squad agreed to safely guide him back to his home and that would be where their job ended.

    Of course it wasn't going to be made as simple as that. They kept their guard up walking along the path toward the Village and Tazuna's home. Not that far along, a huge sword came flying out from the trees. Kakashi told everyone to duck down. The sword landed in the side of a tree. It was in there pretty deep. Someone stood on the handle of it.

    Kakashi stood in silence. The man was Zabuza Momochi. He was also referred to as The Demon of the Mist from the Hidden Mist Village. He faced away from the group.

    "No wonder the Demon Brothers couldn't take down a couple of kids. They were up against Kakashi the Copy Ninja," Zabuza observed turning to face them.

    "Actually," Zemaria spoke up, "I was the one that delivered the final blow."

    Zabuza laughed, "You!? There's no way a scrawny little girl Gennin could take down not one but two Chuunin!"