Chapter Three: Kakashi's Test

The sun beamed down on the Gennin. It was now seven in the morning. Finally, Kakashi appeared on the path to the training ground. Zemaria's eye twitched. She had gotten up at five for nothing. She was never a morning person. Kakashi was there now and it was time to pay attention.

    "Okay, today's task is very simple. All you have to do is take these bells from me," Kakashi explained holding up two bells.

    "Sensei, there's only two bells and four of us," Zemaria pointed out.

    "Normally there's only three and two bells work just fine. I suppose though since there's an extra person I can make it three bells," he decided.

    Kakashi removed a bell from his pocket and held it up with the others. They waited for details on what they were to do.

    Naruto spoke, "So all we have to do is get a bell from you? That's it?"

    "Well," Kakashi started, "you need to get a bell before noon. Otherwise you get no lunch. Anyone who doesn't get a bell will be tied to one of those poles behind you."

    Zemaria, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura all looked behind them to see three wide wooden poles planted in the ground. Sakura had a look of dismay on her face. Not only had she not eaten breakfast like Kakashi instructed but she barely ate lunch yesterday and completely skipped dinner. Zemaria on the other hand was perfectly fine. Ever since her parents left and then Jiraiya, she was accustomed to going without food for an entire day.

    Let me tell you a little more about Zemaria. As you should know, Sasuke is an Uchiha which means he's a fire user. Zemaria also uses fire but she can also use Earth, Water, and Lightning. The only one she can't use is wind. So far she was only capable of using Earth style and Fire Style. Now let me explain more about her visually before we continue. She was fairly thin, average in height, and dressed in a sort of traditional oriental style of fashion.

    Orochimaru as she had mentioned to Iruka had performed some experiments on her when she was very young before he left. One of those experiments included modifying her blood. She possessed within her own blood, a black poison. When injected into another's body from her retractable claws; also her dad's doing, it could take up to two minutes to affect the person. However, when injected into another from her thorny vines, it could kill instantly.

    There are other things to know about Zemaria but they will be kept until the time is right to explain them. Speaking of explanations, Kakashi explained how the bells were going to work. He told them to come at him with the intent of killing him otherwise they would never get a bell. They were allowed to use any and all of their weapons and any Jutsu they already knew.

    Naruto hot headed as always charged at him ready to get started. Kakashi of course was a lot faster and was able to restrain him with ease. The rest of the squad stared in awe of his speed and precision.

    "You know, I never said start," he told Naruto.

    Zemaria noted, "He's really fast..."

    Kakashi added, "You did come at me as if to kill me so that's a plus."

    Naruto groaned, "Ah man. I thought I'd get you by surprise."

    Kakashi let him up, "If you are all ready, let's begin."

    He had instructed them to be stealthy and to never let your enemy know where you are. Silence and invisibility were key to this test. They all went into hiding. Well everyone except Naruto. Kakashi observed Sakura, Zemaria, and Sasuke all find a place to hide in the shadows and then noticed Naruto was standing out in the open staring him down.