Surprise!

Mark

As we drove home, I asked Matt about what I would be doing at Hi5 Studios. Matt smiled and said, "We're actually going there now. I have a little surprise for you."

"Oh?" One of my eyebrows shot up with intrigue.

"You'll see."

As we pulled up to the warehouse, Matt reached for his keys and opened the front door. I followed him in. He led me down the hall to an office room. He opened the door, saying, "After you."

"What a gentleman," I said a little tiredly. I stumbled on what felt like a chair in front of me. Behind me, Matt flicked on the switch, causing light to flood the room. In front of me was an expensive, comfortable-looking chair. A large, neat desk sat in front of it. The desk was equipped with three large monitors, speakers, a pair of high-quality gaming headphones, and a computer tower. The tower was clear and inside were LED lights that shined an array of colors when Matt turned it on. The monitor burst to life, with an apple logo set in the middle. I looked around. It felt as if my eyes controlled the way my feet went. In the corner of my eye, I saw more LED lights set to a fiery red. I turned to see the light and found a bookshelf with Markiplier merchandise scattered everywhere. I slowly walked toward the shelf to look at it more closely. I looked straight back to the desk and realized there was a camera perched on the right side of the screen. Matt came in and placed a microphone right next to the camera. It too was expensive. Tears began welling up in my eyes. I looked back at Matt. "How?" I whispered in a low voice.

Matthias was leaning against one of the walls that were completely covered in acoustic foam with on foot on the wall. A little smirk danced across his face as he walked around the office, admiring his surprise. "Well, you never brought it up, so I didn't either," he paced a little. "But I watch your YouTube videos all the time. Almost religiously."

"I didn't bring it up because I didn't want to seem pretentious," I said in a low voice.

"So, I decided I would give you and your 15 million subscribers a space here in the office. I assumed your old space was back at Chris' house." I dully nodded. "You can't just stop making videos. It is literally your job, amirite?" he said with a chuckle. "So, yeah. Feel free to get accustomed to it. I'll go upstairs and edit a couple videos in my office."

Matthias began to walk out. I caught his arm. He looked up and into my eyes. I nearly forgot what I was going to say as I looked in his calm blue eyes. "Thank you. I owe you such a huge debt Matthias. Bringing me in, caring for me, giving me a new space, buying all this equipment for me." A tear ran down my cheek. I smiled as he wiped it away with his thumb. "You know, with Chris being such a horrible human, I was losing faith there was any good in the world. But day after day you remind me that it exists. That it is abundant. That you just have to look for it." Matthias drew me into a hug.

"Enjoy your space," he whispered. He let me go and jogged up the stairs. I wiped another tear away.

I fiddled around with the settings and configurations. The computer was a small downgrade from what I had, but I didn't even care. I hooked up my phone to the LED lights and changed them to a calm pink. I turned on the camera and microphone. "Hello everybody." I began my video and vaguely told my fans about why I haven't been uploading recently. I did minimal editing and uploaded the video. I turned around and messed with the book shelf, moving the props around.

"Ready to go?" Matt said from the doorway. I turned everything off.

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling.

----------------------------------------------
Finally! Sorry for the long wait!