01 begin

"MIKAYLA, WALK THE DANG DOG. He almost peed in my closet!" Everly shouted, struggling not to use profanity. She attempted to herd Princess out of her room, but the Great Pyrenees at 8 months old was to big to be carried, and to stubborn to listen. Everly, like always, was pissed at something, or someone, for that matter. She muttered to herself, "God I hate privileged white kids," then chuckled, "Oh wait, I guess I am one too. God, I hate hypocritical privileged white kids."

    "Mom! My stomach hurts, can Ever walk him instead?" Everly could practically hear Mikayla making puppy-dog eyes at her non responsive mother, eyes no doubt glued to a computer screen. And of course, Mikayla was hugging her stomach for good measure, but those measures needn't be taken, as her mother tried to avoid any conflict with the sheltered nine-year-old girl.  

"Everly! Your sister's stomach hurts. Walk Princess!" Her mom shouted monotonously. Everly rolled her eyes, hating the inane way her sister had named Princess, as he was a boy dog. Sure, she was up for the Tumblr, feminism equality movement, where 'masculinity held no bounds'. However, the movement didn't stop the fact that Princess is a title given to girls in the royal line, and their dog was undoubtedly a boy.

Sighing, she forced a fake smile, and sweetened her voice like honey. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy," Princess wagged his furry tail. "That's right you are! Want to walk? Go walk?" she pointed at her door, and Princess bolted out, and down the stairs, to the entrance. Everly grabbed her phone and keys, and grudgingly made her way downstairs.

Mikayla hearing her efforts, shouted down the stairs, "Thanks Ever! Love you!"

She muttered, "If you took the effort to thank me so much, you might as well just walk the damn dog."

-

Everly lived in a pretty well endowed private neighborhood with round-the-clock police surveillance. And as bad as she was, she couldn't do shit, not with a fat police officer eating a donut staring at her ass all day and all night long. Okay that might have been a bit of an exaggeration, considering she had no ass, but the point should have still gotten across. No drugs, alcohol, or swearing should be evident within a fifty meter radius of the neighborhood.

Everly lived in the relatively 'poor' part of her wealthy neighborhood, if poor meant a four-story old Victorian mansion with a renovated pool. But Princess always dragged Everly to the wealthier side of her community, where dozens of expensive luxury cars dotted the driveways of expansive mansions. This was a place of old money, a non working class always had something cooking up in their fancy barbecue grills - that of which greatly attracting the Great Pyrenees.

Everly's phone buzzed, and she stopped, allowing Princess to sniff around.

ma main bitch: bitch get down here its a mess

ma main bitch: no but srsly this place is lit

ma main bitch: cmon their only here for like another 30 mins

She grimaced at Sam's text. Soviet America, a real shitty band with hot members was playing a diner that Sam worked at.

EVERLY: fuck i cant

EVERLY: have to walk the goddamn dog

EVERLY: tell me if they're hot in person

EVERLY: and its "they're"

ma main bitch: it's also "it's"

ma main bitch: dammit ok ill get pics

Everly snorted at Sam's reply, always the smartass, out-smartassing her. She and Sam were the best of friends since her deathly, albeit, a savior of a breakup.

"What the fuck!" Everly's head snapped up. She looked to find a tall boy with dirty blonde hair glaring at something. She followed his line of vision, eyes finally resting on Princess, peeing on the tire of a jet black Maserati. "You stupid, incompetent dog owner, what the hell were you doing, letting your mutt  . . . "

"Shit. Sorry," Everly murmured, pulling Princess back, although she didn't think the boy could hear her as he continued to rant. His swearing and rage seemed endless, so Ever stopped listening, and looked at him. He had dirty blonde hair and green eyes that faded into hazel. His jaw was clenched, and his fists were curled up into balls. "Not bad for a pretty little rich boy," she muttered, scanning his attire. A form-fitting white T-shirt and black jeans off-putted his Italian shoes.

" - and can you even fucking hear me, you bitch?" he roared. "My father can have you sued. This car is worth over a quarter of a million dollars and it doesn't look like you can even afford that kind of money," he said with disgust, eyes scanning her sweatpants and an old stained T-shirt from a dog shelter she volunteered at.

Everly stiffened. Her mother worked day and night just so they could maintain the house and lifestyle of her past. She wasn't about to take shit from a rich, white, pretty boy who didn't know the real definition of struggle. "Hey douchebag, did the ostrich egg stuck up your pretentious ass make you forget that I'm a resident here too? And I'm capable enough to realize that your cheap-ass Maserati is barely worth a hundred grand, so I'm sorry for your fucking car, but if you're as rich as you say you are, I think you can afford to have your fucking tire replaced."

He scoffed, "Please. I know your kind, bitches that think the world owes them something. And yeah, they do, a goddamn punishment for letting you walk the earth."

    "Actually they should be thanking me, because bitches are the ones that knock down a peg or two of guys like you," she looked him up and down, clutching Princess's leash. "Privileged assholes with the world handed to them on a silver fucking platter."

    "And what? That didn't happen to you? Like you so fortunately reminded me, you live here too," he snarled. "You're the same as me, you privileged bitch. You live in a cushy house in a cushy neighborhood, unaware, sheltered. You think you know what struggle is? You understand hardship?" he laughed cruelly.

"At least we know now that I'm better than you. At least I am aware that I am a part of the 1%. At least I don't pretend to have struggled with life," his words filled with venom and malice, he kept going. "You and me are the same, so don't try to deny it."

    Everly found herself conflicted. She could, of course, choose to share her sob story to some asshole she had just met five minutes ago. However, there was always such a stigma about over-sharing, and privacy. To Everly, she found privacy overrated; she would gladly tell the world her story. She would gladly take the chance to tell those who needed it most. Her father always said if you don't tell the truth, you shouldn't say anything at all, which gave way to why she was so reckless and impulsive.

"My father came here from Germany, dirt poor. He worked for three years in a factory in Chinatown to earn money for college. But he got my mother pregnant before he could even apply. So with the little money he had he started a business, and my mom lost her pinky finger in a sweatshop to put food on the table. I lived in the slums of Chinatown for eight years until his business finally took off. I was molested twice before we moved here."

Everly wanted to laugh at his incredulous face. Her eyes piercing his, she went on with her tragedy, "He died in a crossfire shooting in Brooklyn when I was ten. My mother had my sister just a year before. I was forced to babysit her whilst she worked her ass off to stay in this 'cushy' residence. I knew hardship like the back of my hand for the first eight years of my life, and I'm thankful for what I have now," she spit the last sentence. "But I never, never forget what lengths had to be taken to get me here. I couldn't say the same for you."

With that, she spun around, practically dragging Princess behind her. She barely got a glimpse of his face, but it was enough. She smiled wickedly, not only because she had successfully shut him up, but because in the midst of her story, Princess had walked over and taken a shit on the asshole's car.

-

heyyyyy. hope you enjoyed the first part, to my first(ish) book on wattpad! there's another book published on here as well, but i am planning to take that down. anyway, stay tuned for more *winks* drama like this. vote and comment too?? i'd love your feedback, as i am sorta(ish) new to this whole writing thing.

I understand my paragraphs can get a little long, so bear with me as i try to figure this out.

xoxo, gossip girl (chelsea)