She hummed, looking at me critically. "Sure, yes. Go on." She smiled at me, and I grinned. "Good luck." She laughed.

I smiled and darted out. "Who needs luck when you're a Falkirk?" I yelled behind me, and giggled, sprinting down the halls, clutching my purse.

I blinked and skidded to a stop in front of Master Jacobi, and grinned. "Master Jacobi, nice to see you! How are you?" I asked.

"Mildly annoyed... you realize I haven't seen you in almost three months?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, that! I got advanced to Expert in Runes, so I stopped going to class! I have circles with Master DuBois right now!" I grinned.

He sighed. "Well done... but I am still your personal master. You will still see me regularly. I hear you work at a restaurant now on Saturdays?"

"I own it, and I'm Head Chef, but yes, I suppose I work there. Why?" I asked.

"Oh? Ahhh, so the rumors about you learning Culinary Arts weren't rumor... good for you. Then Sundays? How about then? I still hold lessons for my five students, you know." He nodded.

I hummed. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Sure, I'll come, I'll add it to my schedule."

He nodded again. "Good. Then run along to class, little one. Oh, and a secret I learned when I was learning this place... look here." He tapped the wall, twice, then three times, and a section disappeared, replaced with a doorway.

"Cool..." I breathed, grinning.

"Hmm... That way you can get to class easier. It'll teleport you anywhere inside the college that isn't warded. Have a good day, little one." He patted my hat and hobbled away, chuckling.

I grinned and focused on Master Dubois, opening the door.

I blinked, surprised by the darkness, and gulped. "Master DuBois?" I called out, confused.

"Hmm?... fuck... what time is it, Mia?" A grouchy voice growled.

Another, silky voice yawned, and hummed. "Close to 8, I think... oh! Who's the child in your room?"

"Hmm? Oh, dammit. Let me guess, portal? Next time focus on the classroom, darling. I'll be at the classroom soon." He grumbled and suddenly the room glared with light, and I was standing in a classroom.

"Whoa... He can direct teleportation?!? Epic..." I grinned.

I sat down in a desk, humming, and looked around. The classroom looked like every other, but with an exception. Every single inch of floor space in the pit at the bottom of the steps was covered in one whole, massive Circle, with so many rings and symbols that I was truly awed by it. I understood all of them, but the connections were... overwhelming.

"Whoa." I said again.

A woman sat next to me, lounging in the seat. "Indeed. Alexander has been working on that Circle for almost 75 years. He adds a new ring every time he thinks of one." She said.

"Who's Alexander?" I cocked my head to the side a little.

She raised an eyebrow. "Alexander DuBois?"