Brotherly Bonding- 12

Start from the beginning

"And what do you think that was?" I ask him.

"Jealousy," is the simple reply.

"So you think Ben's-"

"Jealous of Tyler, or in some way jealous of Samantha, but I find that harder to believe."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, even Ben seems too mature to be angered by a girl taking his cousin's attention away from him. Don't you think?"

"Oh," I keep my eyes locked on his fingers rubbing behind Gecko's ears. "Yes, I guess so. I mean really; that's just ridiculous."

Suddenly a loud crash rings through the house. It's impossible to make out what exactly was the cause, but I give a violent start and my heart jumps. "J-Jesse..."

He tears his gaze away from the hall to see me with my hand on my chest. After a moment's hesitation, I respond to the question on his face.

"You know how you're um, you want to become a vet? Well isn't that ki-kind of like a doctor?"

"Yeah... something wrong?" Suspicion flickers in his eyes when I pause again. "Aaron, is there something you need to talk about?"

"What the fucking fuck is this shit?" A furious Lucas loudly stomps down the stairs. Then, as if we didn't already know, he says, "The assfucks are screaming!" We both give no response. Ash is usually the only one that stands up to him the way that gives us a chance of making him back down. Ash isn't here. "You aren't going to DO anything?"

When his eyes fall on me his face tightens in a disgusted kind of way. "Do I need to do something?"

"No," I say quietly, though Lucas can't hear it. I say it to Jesse. "No, nothing to talk about. I'll be getting to school now."

-------------------------

This is Tyler's POV!

-------------------------

"Ben," I open the previously slammed door, panting a little. "Ben...."

He's sitting at the desk that's placed facing the wall in between our beds. His head is hung and hands locked above it tensely. I can see his hand ball into a fist when I speak.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He jumps from his seat and wheels around to face me, eyes ablaze.

"What's wrong?! I have to listen to you talking none-stop for four hours about this selfish bitch of a chick that we only met yesterday! We were on a six and a half hour shift, but you have to play the girl up like you met Madonna instead of someone you thought was going to be a canine!" I don't say anything for a moment. His breathing slows a little. He continues with: "Well... You had one part right... I've got a feeling she's a first class bitch."

The silence stretched on for what felt like forever. "... Why, Ben? ... What's really your problem?"

This only got him angrier. "I don't fucking know Tyler. Maybe I don't appreciate you calling people 'ho-o-ot shit'!"

"I'm sorry, I was only trying to keep our secret..."

"I don't want to keep the fucking secret!" A sudden sob escapes his lips and racks his whole body. The tears forming in his eyes sends daggers through my chest. "I don't want to Tyler, I don't! I'm tired of it!"

I try to move toward him, but he backs away. He walks backward until he falls onto his bed and sits with elbows on his knees and head in hands. "I should be the one... love you... not her, not her...."

I don't know what he's talking about now. He was the one who had verbally suggested we keep it between us a little longer; he said we could wait until the right moment, we could speculate on how exactly to tell the guys. Of course I'd thought it too, but he was more than okay with it days ago- now this!