Christmas

I forgot about finals. I forgot that we had two weeks once we got back from break to get ready for finals. Now I'm stressing about finals and my current grade dropping.

"We have practice after school." Marco tells me as I sit down at our table for lunch.
"Oh right, I almost forgot. When will Daniel be back?" I ask them.
"After winter break." Francisco answers.

"Alright." I eat my food as we all talk. Jonathan isn't here. He is probably with Nalie alone somewhere. Kevin and Alejandro stayed until the day we were supposed to leave. My mom likes them more than me.

I still dont understand why she would tell the twins she likes me better when its obviously not that way. The bell rings and we throw away out trash and go to class.

I change out of my clothes and into my uniform. We get into groups and run through exercises before actually doing the drills and playing. Jonathan is still not here. Now that is super strange because he us always here for practice. Soccer is his whole entire life.

We get half way through practice and he is still not here.
"Did he even come to school?" I ask the guys. I don't even remember seeing him or Nalie at school today.
"I remember seeing him." Marco replies.
"What? I didn't see him all day." Francisco argues.

"You both are very hopeless." I say and dribble the ball in my feet down the field.

Practice ends and everyone leave except for us three still trying to contact Jonathan. A car pulls up and we all stand up to see if it's Jonathan. Once we see its not Jonathan's truck we sit back down.

"Camila, eres tu?" I turn around and see Javier with some other guys. I stand up and get off the stands and run over to him.
"Javi!" I run across the field to where he is. He opens his arms and I wrap my legs around his torso.

"Hi, princess." He hugs me and puts me down. "I'm guessing you had practice or a game." He says long at me with my uniform.
"Practice. Who are your friends?" I ask him looking at the two guys behind him.

"Right. Um these are my team mates Miguel Layun, and Guillermo Ochoa." Javier introduces them and I shake hands with them.
"Who are your friends?" Javier asks. I look behind me and see the two guys.

"Oh, right. This is Francisco and Marco. Francisco is our team goalie and Marco is one of the midfielders." I introduce them.
"What about you?" Miguel asks.

"I bounce around the team depending where they need a replacement. So for most of the first semester I played goalie because Francisco was injured and couldn't play. Now one of our midfielders is in the hospital so I'm taking his place." I answer.

"How about we play a game?" Guillermo suggests. I look at the guys and they nod.
"Okay, us versus you guys." Marco says. Francisco goes to the goal post and we begin.

I'm blocking Javier and vice versa. Marco and Miguel while Francisco and Guillermo are the goalkeepers. We beat them 2-4 before I take the goal and Javier is trying to score on me. Penalty kicks.

Out of 10 I blocked 6, he only scored 4. Then we switched. I scored the first 7 and saw how bad he was at blocking the ball that I took it down a little. Meaning that the last three I didn't score. I still won though.

"Nice job Chicha, in both positions." I compliment.
"Sure, but you were better que yo." He says.
"Yeah I guess so." I agree rubbing it in a little.

"Camila!" I spin around. Until now he feels like showing up.
"Where have you been?" I ask him moving away from Javier.
"Not here. What are they doing here?" Jonathan asks me.

"They are here because they want to, got a problem with that?" I ask him.
"Yes, yes I do. Stop hanging around with him. Don't talk to him." Jonathan says.
"Dude, Jonathan, we went over this already. My brothers can tell me this as well as my dad but you can't. Jonathan see ya." I tell him and leave him there.