"I'll live." He giggled, Jungkook smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"Will you though?" He asked, Jimin sighing and nodding.

"Yes I will. Now go." He watched as Jungkook disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Jimin sighed, curling Jungkook's blankets around him an smiling. He was happy. He honestly felt over the moon and worried a little that his heart was going to burst out of his chest with how fast it was beating. Jungkook made him so happy. Although he had quite a few relationships before Jungkook, he had never had one this in depth before.

All he had to do was think about his boyfriend and he would be smiling ridiculously before he knew it.

He wondered how long he had been lost in his thoughts when he heard the shower shut off, eyes darting to Jungkook walking into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You look comfy." He laughed, causing Jimin to notice that he was still wrapped up in the younger's blanket.

"I am." Jimin confirmed, laying down fully as Jungkook picked out something to wear to bed. It was less than two minutes before there was a new weight on the bed, causing Jimin to flip over so that he could face his boyfriend.

And Jungkook... He looked breathtaking.

He wet hair was fairly curly against his forehead, the moonlight shining through the window and illuminating all of the water droplets that still slid down his face. It casted sharp shadows across his nose and cheekbones, as well as his jawline and collarbones. His smile seemed almost brighter as well, his cheeks looking even cuter as the grin reached up to his eyes.

Jimin could feel the butterflies - no, airplanes - flying around in his stomach as Jungkook caught his gaze. The younger raised an eyebrow, sliding closer and kissing the tip of Jimin's nose. He brushed a few strands of hair out of his boyfriend's eyes, smiling softly.

"What are you thinking about Jimin?" He asked, voice soft as he did so.

Jimin knew what he wanted to say, and he knew if he didn't say it now - while he had the confidence to - he probably wouldn't be able to say it for a really long time. But he knew, he just knew that what he was feeling was love. He had to let Jungkook know.

If only he wasn't so terrified to.

"Jungkook I..." He bit his lip, sighing when he felt the younger's hand on his arm. "I think that I.."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, not wanting to pressure the older into saying anything, but was growing increasingly worried. "...I love you."

Jungkook's eyes widened, removing his hand from Jimin's arm and taking a deep breath. Despite his age he had never had a really serious relationship before; Mina definitely didn't count and his senior year of high school were just flings. He had never gotten to the 'I love you' stage with anyone, let alone another guy.

He knew for a fact at this point that he wasn't straight, but this was still a new thing for him. It was his first serious relationship, and it was with another guy. He thought he had everything figured out, but he was still experiencing new things with Jimin everyday. But the older loved him? It was such a strange thing to hear, when it was directed towards him. Maybe that's why it was so shocking towards him, maybe that's why he was holding his breath the entire time he attempted to get out a response.

But that past repeated itself like always, and Jungkook could feel his throat constrict, blocking out any words that wanted to escape his mouth.

Jungkook knew what response he wanted to give. The one that he had discussed with Yoongi earlier that day. He wanted to tell Jimin that he felt the same way, because he knew that he did.

But that wasn't the response that he gave.

"...Oh." He mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Jimin. "Okay."

He knew that the moment those words left his mouth that they were a mistake, closing his eyes so that he wouldn't have to see whatever expression took over Jimin's features.

"I-I'm sorry." Jimin whispered, causing Jungkook to open his eyes. The younger couldn't help but feel his heart ache as his eyes wandered across the deep frown etched into his boyfriend's features. "I shouldn't have.."

Jungkook bit his lip as he watched Jimin shuffle a bit further away.

"No, Jimin I..." His words trailed off, and he wanted to get the words out; but he couldn't. Why couldn't he get the words out?

"It's fine." Jimin mumbled, turning over and pulling the blanket over his shoulders. "Don't worry."

And he knew that all four of those words weren't even a fraction of the truth, just by the shaky breath that Jimin took after speaking them.

It wasn't fine. None of this was fine.

The space between him and Jimin may have of only been less than a foot, but it felt like miles. He wanted to move closer and wrap his arms around the older, rest his head on his boyfriend's shoulder and whisper all of the things that he thought about him; how beautiful he was, how amazing he was, how much he loved him.

But there was something; it was like the sheets were wrapping themselves around Jungkook and restraining him, not allowing him to move closer although he wanted to.

He wanted to believe that maybe, Jimin had fallen asleep and it would all be alright in the morning. But Jimin's breathing was still uneven and his shoulders were tense, telling Jungkook that he was most likely wrong.

--
a/n:

double update bc I love writing drama :)

- Charlie :)