Chapter 2

I walked slowly and took a soft breath as I looked through the building, blinking a bit before sighing and walking more at a faster pace. I didn't quite know what to do at this point, just wander, scavenge, and take cover from any type of storm, plague, or anything at all let alone all of them!

I gulped a bit at the thought of some sort of huge catastrophic event taking place and only being able to stay in some building for the whole time.. I mean, I wasn't going to stay here forever, I was going to look around, then leave, there's no time for dawdling anymore in this place. I took another breath before walking more and hearing something and immediately running toward the noise that seemed to sound like machinery..

Reaching the noise, a slowed my pace and blinked before noticing a machine that had a button on it. I blinked and took a slight breath before going to press the otherwise large button, about the size of my own hand. Immediately after I had my hand on the cold stone, a brace 'fell' onto my wrist and an extreme pain went through my wrist and it felt like needles were poking into the veins.. 

I fell onto the ground and took deep breaths as I screamed loudly and my voice echoed through the dry, cold floored, abandoned building.. I soon fell silent and closed my eyes as I lay on the ground shaking as my right hand held the brace'd wrist and gulped before hearing a robotic voice. "Injection confirmed, bio-vaccination confirmation-" The ringing robotic voice stopped as my arm was somehow almost magnetically drawn to the button space and a small shock of electricity went and another streak of pain came to me before stopping as the magnetic drawn to my arm stopped and it dropped to the ground and I sniffed. 

As I whimpered quietly, I took a breath and heard the refreshing, static voice of the system: "Bio-Vaccination confirmed, Daily-" It stopped and my head bounded as I slowly got up and gulped. "Stupid machine.." My voice staggered as I coughed quietly then walked around more and noticed a piece of paper, the same pattern and font as the one stuck on the door. I quickly ran over to it, holding my wrist where the brace was firm and tight on before quickly grabbing the paper and carefully, hands shaking, taking the piece of paper out and blinked before unfolding the paper.

It read;

'Dear Rini

I enjoy sending these letters to your work, because, well, I am truly not welcome by the people around me! By the way, would you mind me just calling you Rin? Much shorter and seems a better fit to you! Or at least, I think it does, anyway! I am going to be well, continuing to send these letters until I die, hopefully.. But you are a doctor, so I don't see why I have to die so soon when I know you. What have you been researching in the hospital facility? I mean, it may be slightly secretive especially with the strange things that happened recently.. But I'd love to know!

The One That Cares,

Felicia.'

This was a facility? Makes sense, I believed anyway, as I did just get 'tagged' by a vaccination machine.. Vaccination, I don't even know what that means just that hospital may be related to the word and what the the machine even did, and why it was so much pain I even wonder? 

Taking a breath, I shook my head and gulped before walking through to building more and stuffing the letter into her pocket simultaneously. I walked with my arms crossed and my gaze continually searching around for letters or anymore buttons that might do something important or valuable. My mind raced as I walked, the aching from the brace becoming almost noticeable to my neural network, whatever that is. 

I shook my head and took another breath before noticing another door and running over, my mind racing as well as my heart pounding faster and faster. Before I was even a meter away from the door, which was a reinforced plastic of sorts, likely not to be broken as easy as the entrance glass door, the door opened automatically, almost welcoming me into the strange room. I blinked, held my breath then released as I ran into the room and stopped to let my gaze roam before settling on a desk with the name tag reading: 'Doctor Rini Miriam DE'. 

Blinking, I figured this may be the receiver of these letters known as Rini, or in the other case, Rin. I slowly walked closer to the desk and poked the name tag then began to walk to the other side of desk and noticed a handle. Pulling it, I opened the drawer and a within it was a small pen and a piece of paper with words covering it's surface, a letter. The read was more pristine than the other and was likely written by Rini instead of Felicia, it read:

'Hello.

In your last letter you sent, you asked about what I was doing in this hospital? Quite simple but I'm afraid once I attempt to send this letter, they will return it to me to edit, which I will not! What we are doing, oh before I continue, Rin is perfectly fine, either way, what we are doing in this facility is quite simply and for the best if Earth is to survive! We are a hospital, yes, we work on developing Vaccines for Virus, to cure them completely, also we work on more Antibiotics that may prevent further growth; or over growth, of our own helpful Bacteria! But I'm afraid we are far from done, however if the technology continues to increase, machines for putting these vaccines and antibiotics will go MUCH smoother. Also, we're working on a technology that is not artificial intelligent, AI, no we are working on however a response system that will be able to insert our medicines into someone and have daily injections without needing to do anything, hopefully we will be able to make it painless, however needles or injections aren't the the best for 'painless'. Either way, as a head administrator of this area, I do have special in controverts and learned of where this injection would go, or injections. We have discovered a vein in the wrist that goes straight to everywhere, quite useful, and is especially when an easy fit of a sort of device of the wrist would cause no harm! However when we do finally develop this intricate technology, there is something you need to know, if you are ever to be able to take this. If you come with no disease and have these injections, they may, from research that me myself have done as well as one other cohort. The injections will have to do with whatever wrong is happening with the body, even small things such as bad muscle movements or pain period! Thus there may also be hallucinations, however there are no confirmed experiments, experiencing these symptoms, do NOT use it without having a major development of a virus, or the daily doses may cause immunity to skyrocket, which may sound good, but will also cause a SEVERE deficiency of the body which only few may be immune to, in which the presumed to be unlimited doses will continue to inject till all disease is removed from the body, of which it will finally be removed. 
However all that I may have written in this letter is speculations, just once we develop this technology completely, I'm warning you and getting you intelligence.

The worried doctor,

Rin.'

Staring at the letter, frankly baffled, I skimmed over the letter again a few more times then sat down on the floor as I gulped and twitched before glancing at the brace on my arm and poked it before leaning back and shaking, a cold breeze soon entering through the slightly open reinforced door then closing as the air became dry in a matter of seconds. I held my breath then released as my eyes slowly became groggy and I felt something pierce my wrist and something course through my veins then stop.. It was slow, then I screamed my lungs almost out of voice from the pain that soon filled my watery eyes then was silenced as the a specific amount of medicine got to my brain and triggered a reaction of deep slumber..