Chapter 1

My name is Aoife, I came from a long heritage of descendants of Ireland, I was born in the Irish country then with my family moved to America. My age is not within my memory at this time, but I songs of the rain and faeries still rang my thought with colour.

~~~~~~

My eyes slowly opened with just the lightest touch of caution or exhaustion. I blinked the green clover eyes a few times before I slowly sat up from the few cushions I could find near my area.

Taking a soft breath, I got up and looked down and coughed quietly, no blood... I shook my head and closed my eyes before getting up slowly, my coat making only a slight crackle as my gaze remained firmly on the ground. "I am not alone," I whispered to myself before blinking then firming my back up and lifting my head so I looked forward.

My clover colored eyes were watering lightly, the air was so thick, maybe it was just my mind telling me, or maybe it was just that, thick. Stretching one last time for that morning, I began to slowly walk forward, zipping up my coat as to not get even a little bit of cold near my skin other than my face.

I looked back at the place I had stayed for a night, maybe two, and wondered if I'd ever go back to this same space, or if I'd take the cushions or find new ones.. Instead of leaving without the few pillows, I quickly ran over and picked as much as I could carry before beginning to walk. I stared off in the distance as if my eyes were glazed over, I nearly ran into a wall if I hadn't gained my focus.

Shaking my head, I dropped the pillows and stared firmly before taking a deep, shaking breath and coughed again then took a breath. "Can't keep 'em, yeah. Just got to go without 'em.." I muttered and turned away and walked, then sped up without a wonder perhaps. I didn't know what I was doing, why'd I leave comfort behind? Why did I leave anything behind! Conflicted with my own mind and thoughts, I shook my head and stopped before I put my left hand behind my head and scratched my head lightly. I stood still more and a little but of scab began to slowly come nearly on my fingernails.

Soon blood fit on my finger like a ring and I lifted my hand from my head and stared with a slight wonder and sighed, putting my finger in my mouth, licking the blood off of my slightly now red tinted pointer finger. My head, where I scratched, continued to bleed, but I felt none of its pain others may feel and just walked on.

I held my breath lightly and made a soft whimper, a memory had came back, but I can't remember.. I wiped two small tears that had formed, and now we're gone, and whimpered lightly. "A-anyone there!" I yelled out confused, my voice becoming shaky as I took a breath of confusion and wanting to remember and closed my eyes.

My mind seemed to run from any truth, only stop my memories then run away, scared of the past. Fears formed to tears as my closed eyes squinted as to keep the tears from flowing out like a flood of salt and hydrogen. Hydrogen, how did I know about that? What is Hydrogen.. I opened my eyes slowly, suddenly the tears seemed to evaporate, heat wave maybe?

I wondered as I looked up to the blue sky, morning seemed to have come then gone. What was left but the evening sky where the only clouds covered the bright lights of the lonely wandering star in the day. I didn't know what it was called, the star in the sky at day, the name slips my mind as most words do nowadays! I did not wonder, however, I only wondered what I knew and what I learned from pieces of paper written and put into the folds of more paper.

My eyes glazed over it seemed again as I looked from side to side then looked forward as I began to walk more again with my eyes giving off only a slightness of any light or hope. I walked on with a care for the world I once knew fading away, until I my gaze fell on the crack of the door where something was barely stuck, nearly ready to blow away with the breeze.

I ran over to it and carefully picked it out so it didn't tear. I noticed it was in fact a letter, or at least the envelope, but I could feel the true letter inside. I looked through and through around to make sure nobody was watching then looked at the dark pencil writing that on the envelope read:

'By Felicia
    For Rini'

I wondered what I'd find on the actual letter and blinked before lightly picking the letter out and reading it.

'Dear Rin

             It has come to my attention that you never received the gift I sent you? It was not far and I'm surprised that you have no fair in responses, you don't responded to none of my letters? How I know you've seen my writings made for you, made with my thoughts! Oh Rin, I miss you quite the but since the incident, it's going to be a long week, I do hope you know. I'll keep sending you letters, until I leave with my family on the 6th. Just remember that I won't say that you are alone, but it's highly possible, remember I'm still here!

Your Dearest Friend,
Felicia'

I stared at the letter in wonder, I hoped that I'd find more letters related to these two people. Sighing, I looked down at the ground, turned and put the letter into my pocket, more or less cramping it up, however I didn't doubt I'd be able to read it.

Now noticing the letter was stuck in a barely open glass door. My gaze moved around the glass structure for any sort of handle or push bar. Unable to find anything, I took a breath and whimpered quietly before narrowing my eyes and slowly backed up a meter or so then ran at the glass with no mercy or regret.

A large shatter was beginning to form. I backed up once more and went at the door with one last blast and BAM! The glass shattered completely. Falling through, covered in broken glass, my arms bled and my hands sore with spots of blood clotting in my veins near my wrists and ankle.

Slowly getting up, my hands shook as I slowly sat up then stood up with a slight lung of my back. I looked at my hands, covered in shards of broken sharp edged glass.. I took a breath, closed my eyes, then began to slowly then quickly get a hold the shards and pull them off. Full force till every last one was out.

Holding my breath for most of it, my head began to turn slightly red before I let the exhale and attempted to shake off the stinging. Mostly unable, I shook my head before looking around the area and began to limp deeper into the strange glass door'd building.