Twenty-One: Proof

(Well here's your lemon, damn it. ♡

I think I write too many....)

The hurried knocking echoed in his ears. Or at least where his ears would be; just because he didn't physically have them didn't mean he was deaf. Either way, the sound was sharp, sudden and very, very loud. Urgent.

Urgency was never a good sign.

Warily the lid was lifted slowly. The music box had run out only a few minutes ago, and Jack was growing restless. Nevermind the fact that the night guard seemed to have no interest in keeping it wound up; he hadn't seen you even glance at the thing. But he couldn't be mad, not when the Marionette had simply taken the tablet for himself to wind it up on his own. But he'd fallen asleep, so the hurried knocking on his gift box startled him back into consciousness.

Toy Chica was bouncing from one foot to the other, a frown on her face. The blonde wasn't known for being anything but bubbly and cheerful, so this didn't set Jack's mind at ease. "What is it?" he asked softly, pushing the mask up from his face.

"Y-You need t-to come into the kit-kitchen, please," she replied, her voice just barely squeaking audibly. She looked paler than normal in her human form, and she was shaking visibly.

Jack, his face darkening just a touch, finally stood up and eased his way out of the box, his long limbs moving gracefully. "You're afraid. Do I frighten you? Forgive me for keeping to myself, but--"

Toy Chica rapidly shook her head, and he didn't bother to finish the thought. No, it definitely wasn't he who had given her the fright.

That was when he noticed her hands, the blood slowly drying on them. She hadn't bothered to try to wipe them clean; perhaps whatever the cause had scared her into forgetting.

'Blood. Again. Do not tell me we must go through this again...'

●●●

The commotion in the party room went unheard, even as it travelled down the nearby hallway and towards the opposite end. From the security office, you could have used the tablet, were you even able to locate the damn thing, but it seemed to have gone missing.

At any rate, you were too distracted to notice.

No, distracted wasn't the right word. You downright ignored everything that was happening outside the room. You'd been eased onto the floor, with your back against the wall beside one of the vents.

Toy Bonnie had no intention of releasing his hold on you. You were what he wanted, and you were what he'd have.

Not that you were unwilling, per se. Sure, he was sitting in your lap, with a squirming tongue greedily violating your mouth, but you weren't pushing the blue-haired human away. You couldn't even if you'd wanted to; he was your precious bunny and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

To hell with the boss! One kiss and he'd thought himself satisfied. Triumphant, even. Toy Freddy had gotten his first kiss from you and believed he could have moved on with a smile. But Bonbon knew better. That was how it always began, wasn't it? One kiss, just a small taste, and soon he'd have been wanting more.

And he'd made Toy Bonnie swear that there would be no problems, that he wouldn't "develop a complex", in his words.

This wasn't a fucking complex. This wasn't something to avoid. Love could never be avoided. The guitarist was madly in love with his creator, his world, and the bear had thought it was a problem?