Seventeen: Sticky Situation

(I realize that there are actually a few people that like the original night guards.

So I tweaked the chapter and gave the readers some Fritz-y smut.

That's why it's so damn long.)

Looking down at his hands, Bonnie frowned a little. It was a hell of a predicament they were thrown into, for sure. He peered over at the Toys- he still didn't quite know why Funtime Foxy was now being called "Mangle", nor why he preferred to hang from the ceiling. But if it made the broken mascot happy, he wouldn't question it.

But Bonnie was growing afraid. Being fixed was a wonderful thing, and being back into his human form was like being wrapped up in a warm blanket, in a way: comforting. But being human made them susceptible to emotions. He knew his Toy counterpart was very, very open with his, and it didn't necessarily mean it was bad. No matter what Toy Freddy said.

But Toy Bonnie was not the only one to have fallen for you. It probably had something to do with creating them; who could blame them? The Toys were hurt, accepting the pain when you so clearly chose your favorite. It couldn't be helped, and while they had no say, they accepted it for the most part.

Toy Chica mostly loved you like a child, seeing you as a more motherly figure than something to be attracted to. She obviously didn't see what your redheaded friend saw in the blue bunny.

Mangle's stance wasn't as clear. There was probably some anger for being broken- not at your hands, of course... you cried so hard over him. And there was certainly a loving gleam in his eyes when you were around. Maybe it wasn't total love, perhaps something closer to admiration? Even a crush, tinged with that knowledge of having a debt to you that could never be repaid. He could never truly thank you for trying to defend him, putting him back into one piece. Still, the affection was there.

Toy Freddy, while his methods weren't exactly safe, definitely felt something. Trying to push the blue rabbit over the edge wasn't the way to show it, even if he was only trying to make a point. But there was definitely love there. The toy bear was the only one of the three that would linger behind, wanting to ensure your well-being.

The problem was, Toy Freddy wasn't the only one, now.

•••

'She'll kill me. But I have to get her. I have to.'

He hovered around the entrance, checking his watch for probably the thousandth time. It was past 6am but not quite opening time, either. Which meant that he, technically, could enter. Your car was still in the parking lot, but who knew for how much longer?

'Fuck it... I've only got this one last chance.'

Fritz took a deep breath before sprinting up the short flight of concrete steps and throwing the front doors open wide. Like it was more of a pleasant surprise than walking into the ninth circle of hell.

Toy Freddy looked up from his place on the stage; he was the only one in the main party room. "Why are you here?" he asked warily. "I don't think your presence is welcome. I certainly do not want it."

"I know, I know," the redhead pressed, hands up in a defensive manner. "Just give me ten minutes with her. That's all I need."

The toy leader frowned. "Ten minutes is all I'll allow, then." Spinning on his heel, he cast the stage curtains aside to walk behind them, assuming you were still there. But the backstage area was empty, and Toy Freddy just frowned deeper. Now where the hell did you go?