Fifteen: Test

You knocked on the door, afraid it was too soft to be heard, but it was thrown open anyways. The owner looked you over with a mixture of hope and caution. "Well?" he asked, "Any chance of having him back in order?"

"N-Not today, sir, I'm... s-sorry..." you managed. The pizzeria was due to open in less than an hour. The best thing you'd done was found all the external suit pieces.

He sighed heavily. "That fucking kid... I don't know what the hell he was thinking. He didn't even leave any notes or phone messages. Just ripped into that rabbit like it owed him money." There was a pause. "I don't think I can open today if one of my main mascots are a wreck."

Something hit you, and you looked up from staring at a spot on the floor. "Sir? What about... Bonnie?"

"The old one?" He seemed to consider it, frowning in thought. "Smith did repair them pretty damn well... but it'd be a complete mess. That rabbit looks too different from your Toys. But..." With a groan, he threw his hands up in defeat. "Sure, fine, put the old one up there. At this point I can't afford any more setbacks." He eyed you again. "How long will it take?"

You shook your head, fighting the lump in your throat. "I'm not sure. I... everything's gone. Everything."

"Damn that kid. I want you to stay until you absolutely need to go home. Got it? I'll pay you double, that's fine, I just need these things back in working order." As he turned to shut the door again, the owner looked back. "That overnight position is open, if you still want it."

You just nodded, all but running back to the Parts and Services room.

•••

The day passed by without too much of a problem. The customers, and especially the employees, were a bit confused at seeing the old purple bunny on the stage, but nothing malicious was said. At least not within your earshot.

You stayed in the Parts room the entire day, and long into the evening. The restaurant had closed before you finally peered out the door, mildly surprised at the lights mostly turned off. "What... what time is it...?"

"A little past eleven. Have you been in there all day?" Toy Freddy peered over at you from the stage. "You should rest."

"I'm fine. I'll be fine," you insisted, going back inside.

You didn't hear the midnight chime go off, but your eyes finally began to ache, your head swimming with too much information all at once. With a heavy sigh you turned away from the computer.

There was no way for you to realize you were about to pass out. Being suddenly in someone's arms was incredibly confusing, but you felt too exhausted to do much else than let yourself be set down onto the floor. "You're pushing yourself too hard. Sleep. We'll see what we can do." Bonnie smiled a little bit down at you before your eyes closed of their own accord.

'Just... don't... hurt him...'

•••

You don't know how long you slept for. The room was mostly dark save for the one dim bulb that served as a service light. You were curled up into a pile of spare curtains, like you'd been before.

Only there was no blue-haired human to keep you company.

Face contorting, you buried it into your hands, realizing that you very well may have lost Toy Bonnie completely. Maybe there were some feelings, maybe it was purely from the anger at his being torn into pieces. Or just because he was your favorite.