45. Never Gonna Leave This Bed

Start from the beginning

His movements last night had been devastatingly slow and deep and burning, which resembled his actions now except lazier.  His entire body didn’t move the way it had last night, but I could still feel the depth he achieved as he slowly rocked his hips back and forth against mine.  His kiss reflected the leisurely pace as he held me close, our bodies tangling together in the perfect way.

It wasn’t long until we were both nearing our end, the early morning and slow, dragging motions quickly building us both to the edge.  My back arched off the mattress as a quiet whine left my throat and was immediately stifled by Harry’s lips.  His hair was tangled between my fingers as I gripped it lightly, holding onto him desperately as he shifted into me one more time and released the pressure that had built in my stomach. 

Warmth flooded through my body, and the electric buzz I had felt the instant he had shifted on top of me seemed to intensify tenfold.  My breathing was heavy and uncontrolled as I tensed around him.  Only a few seconds went by before he, too, hit his high, his muscles flexing and his lips stilling against mine as he panted slightly.  When he collapsed on top of me, his breathing was uneven but not gasping.  I could feel the way his heart pounded in his chest like it always did after we were together, and it made me smile.

“I love you,” I whispered.  The soft strands of his hair slid past my fingers as I pet them down the back of his head.  He had rested his head on my chest again, his warm breath blowing out across my skin.

“I love you, too,” he answered softly.  He kissed the skin on my chest lightly. 

We lay there for a bit longer, not speaking but exchanging gentle touches and kisses as we let our bodies come down.  This was easily the best way to wake up, tangled up in him before allowing him to love me slowly, tenderly.  I could definitely, without a doubt, get used to this. 

Harry’s rumbling stomach was the only thing that eventually got us out of bed.  By that point I had realized the time and decided, once again, to skip my classes.  I had already missed two and only had one left for he day, so I decided I’d much rather spend it with Harry.  We crawled out of bed, lazily pulling on the minimum requirement of clothes before trudging out to the kitchen.  I grabbed my phone on the way, which had someone fallen beneath Harry’s bed. 

I sat at the counter and scrolled through the few texts I had while Harry pulled out the necessary ingredients for cereal.  Nothing fancy, but absolutely enough to get us going.  I only had a few texts, two from Maggie and one from Annie.  The first from Maggie asked where I was and the second stated that she assumed I was with Harry and she hoped I had a great time ‘banging my brains out.’ I chuckled, knowing how she was pretty much spot on.

Annie’s text had just come in a few minutes ago and she had asked if I wanted to go out Friday night with her, Maggie, and Jay.  I had to reread the text a few times before I absorbed what it meant.  Jay? 

“Are Jay and Maggie a thing?” I asked Harry nonchalantly as he set a bowl down in front of me.

“A ‘thing’?” he questioned, shooting me an amused look.

“Yeah, Annie just asked if I, well we I guess, wanna go out with her and those two Friday,” I explained.  I watched him for any signs of recognition but all he did was shrug.

“I dunno, like I said, he doesn’t really date but neither did I so who knows,” he said.  He sounded completely uninterested in his friend’s dating life. 

“Aren’t you her roommate? You should know,” he added teasingly as he handed me a box of cereal. 

“Yeah, but I haven’t really been home much lately…” I said, feeling suddenly guilty for neglecting my friends.  He shot me a wide grin and raised his eyebrows, clearly knowing that he was the reason for my absence from my apartment.