3. I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor

"Stop making eyes at me, I'll stop making eyes at you. And what it is that surprises me, is that I don't really want you to."

Song: I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor

Artist: Arctic Monkeys

We were both quiet as we redressed, pulling on the various articles of clothing we had quickly shed in our haste to get each other naked.  I could feel his eyes burning into my skin as I fasted my bra behind my back and tried not to blush.  My mind was still spinning with what I had just done, but I couldn’t come to say I regretted it.

The fact that I had no idea, really, who this guy was should have terrified me, but even now I felt a strange connection to him.  It was a lingering burn that had yet to be extinguished even after our sudden rendezvous.  I had never felt such a strange feeling before, such a sudden want and need to be connected to another person I didn’t even know.  I had to admit, I had loved every second of it. 

My mind flashed to Ben, but I quickly wiped him from my brain.  He didn’t deserve another moment of my time, especially after what he had done.  My faith in relationships had been completely shattered by him, so it felt amazing to have such a carefree and reckless experience with this guy.  Harry.  

I shook my head, ridding the thoughts from my mind.  I would sort them out later.  Right now, I needed to focus on what to say to Harry without sounding like a complete idiot. 

“I feel like I should tell you…” he said suddenly, as if sensing my inner struggle.  “I’m not looking for… anything.”

I blinked, my face blank as I absorbed his words.  He looked confused by my lack of reaction, as if expecting me to be upset or sad.  On the contrary, his words comforted me.  I was in no shape to begin another relationship after my debacle of the last one, so his words were a relief.  Whatever had just happened, it had been uncomplicated and deliciously exciting.

“Neither am I,” I stated honestly.  I had a sense he was surprised by my answer.  He nodded as he buckled his belt, having covered his amazingly beautiful body once more.

“Okay,” he said simply.  My eyes darted to the tattoos trailing down his arm, trying to decipher the black ink from his skin.  I thought I saw a rose covering his elbow before he cleared his throat, bringing my eyes back to his.  “Wanna go back?”

“Yeah, sure,” I said, nodding.  I picked my phone up off the floor, where it had landed after falling out of the pocket of my jeans.  It vibrated in my hand as I did so, lighting up to reveal numerous text messages and missed calls from Maggie. 

“Shit,” I muttered.  She would surely want to know where I had disappeared to for over an hour, and I already knew I didn’t want to tell her.  Whatever had happened here would be my own delicious little secret, destined to stay between Harry and I.  Of course, I didn’t really know him at all, so I couldn’t tell if he was the type to tell people or not.  I got the distinct impression that he wasn’t, however.  This would most likely stay between us and only us, which was fine with me.

“Ready?” he asked, eyes searing into me from across the room.  Even now, his eyes felt like they were singeing a hole into my body.  My breath caught slightly in my throat as I looked up from my phone, meeting his eye contact and desperately avoiding staring at his full, dark pink lips. 

“Mmhmm.” I crossed the room to follow him out the door, taking advantage of his gaze facing forward to observe the wide expanse of his shoulders taper into an impossibly thin waist, the ratio astounding.  His black jeans were tighter than I’d seen on almost any other man, but he pulled it off with out a hitch, the small curve of his bum intoxicating me even more as he walked.  I couldn’t help but feel proud of myself for somehow successfully seducing such an attractive man.