9. Snap Out Of It

"I heard that you fell in love, or near enough. I gotta tell you the truth, I wanna grab both your shoulders shake, baby, snap out of it."

Song: Snap Out Of It

Artist: Arctic Monkeys

Harry's POV

It had been days since I'd seen Halle, but I could still feel her on my skin. There was a dull buzzing running though my veins whenever I thought of her and the way her body reacted to me. The way her skin would slide under my fingertips, the way her perfect lips would part when I touched her, the way her breathing would pick up at the slightest move from me, everything, was all incredible.

No one had ever reacted to me in such a way, and there had definitely been plenty before her. I knew that rumors about me flew around, saying I was a player and a whore, and for the most part, they were true; I had definitely slept with my fair share of women, and was notorious for the whole one-night-stand shtick. Until Halle. She was the only person I'd slept with more than once, apart from the 'girlfriend' I had lost my virginity to years ago who had turned out to be a total bitch.

Until Halle, I had had absolutely no interest in seeing any of the girls I slept with again. I got what I wanted and that was it. It wasn't that I had experienced some great heartbreak and had a fear of relationships, I just had no interest in them whatsoever. Why would I waste my time with one girl when I could have so many others? And, I was yet to find a girl I liked hanging out with if we weren't going to get naked. What was the point?

Halle scared me. Call it pathetic or pitiful or whatever, but she did. She was the only girl I managed to still hold respect for even though she, too, had given it up for me the first night I met her. There just something so clearly different about her from all the other sluts I was used to. It was obvious that she had slept with me on a whim, a fuck-it-let's-do-it kind of decision, but I had taken it. What I hadn't expected, however, was that I would be more than willing, hopeful, even, that it would happen again.

True, I didn't really know her yet, but there was something weird between us that I couldn't ignore. I couldn't be in a room with her without being pulled to her, my body naturally gravitating to her against my will. There was an undeniable fire that ran through my veins when I looked at her, increasing intensely when I touched her, and nearly incinerating me when I kissed her.

I had never experienced anything remotely like this, which terrified me. I didn't want to get involved with her apart from our physical relationship, because quite frankly, I had no idea how to even function properly with a girl besides in the bedroom or the process of getting her there. Sure, I was great at charming them and flirting with them, but actually talking to them? Not my strong suit.

Besides, it was obvious she still had major issues with her ex-boyfriend. Her complete tool of an ex-boyfriend who obviously fucked up something great if he cheated on her. I hardly knew her, but I knew I didn't want her to go back to him. If she went back to him, that'd be the end of whatever this was going on between us, and I didn't want that.

I picked at my lip as I leaned back on my couch, attempting to pay attention to what Miles and Jay were talking about but failing to find it interesting. A few beer bottles lay scattered around on my coffee table, and I fought to subdue the irritation that flashed through me. Was it that hard to throw them away once they're empty?

"Yeah, she was fucking hot, wasn't she, Harry?" Miles said, drawing my attention with the sound of my name. One of my eyebrows rose slightly, not having heard the question.

"Sorry, who?"

"That blonde chick you took home from the party last weekend," he repeated before taking a swig from his beer. My jaw clenched involuntarily at the mention of Halle, annoyed that he had seen me leaving with her. Usually I didn't care, but for some reason I didn't want people to know about Halle and I.