New Love

Shawn slept. Eventually, Mera was allowed to sit with him. She scented him and noticed that the odd smell was gone. His sweet scent of mahogany and licorice filled her heart with joy.

Eventually Shawn awoke, with Mera tucked into his sighed. The young dragon smiled. He watched her. Mera woke up. Shawn smiled. "Hey sleepy head."

Mera gasped as she looked deep in his eyes. Gone was the cloud of insanity. Only Shawn's beautiful brilliant eyes shone back at her. She moved and embraced her friend, her mate. Shawn held her close, inhaling her fragrance. Thanking the Gods for her. Her presence was the only thing that kept him sane.

"Mera, do you have any idea how much you mean to me?" Shawn whispered.

Mera nodded, "If it's a fraction of what you mean to me, then it's the whole world."

Shawn kissed her. His heart raced, because as soon as she was of age and her alpha agreed, he was taking his wife home.

Mera sighed, and enjoyed being held in his strong arms. She was of age already, having turned eighteen months ago. However, she knew Shawn would want time. As soon as her mate was ready, she would mark him.

Andrew and Gao bid farewell to their guest. Andrew faced his mate. "So, do you think the pack will inherit a new dragon, or will Laird MacLean become alpha to a female wolf?"

Gao smiled, "Either way will be fine. They are beautiful together." She whispered.

Then she remembered back when she was younger. Kulkrit say Inuit and decided that he would torture her. Of course, Gao told grandfather and he was reprimanded. Inuit thanked her but the two were never friends.

After grandfather died, she learned that her brother had become involved with several women. One was Inuit. She heard the rumors of how cruel he was. She even had dragons come to her to share news of his exploits. However, Inuit never left his side.

When he began to share her with others, Gao was disgusted with the female. Then grandfather died. Deep down, she knew that her brother was cruel. He fed on weakness. A part of her knew that of Inuit stayed, it was because she had no choice. She needed the truth. She needed to address the female.

Soon Shawn and Mera came out of her room. Andrew greeted them, and extended an invitation into the pack to Shawn.

Gao was distracted, memories living and breathing, raced through her mind. She smiled though, and gave the young couple her blessing. Then she faced her mate. Andrew looked at his wife and knew. Although Ming no longer existed, there were still lingering demons. She and Inuit needed closure. He would go visit Kade.

*****

Laughter, the sound of children frolicking awoke Inuit. That was strange. She got up, cold. He was not beside her. He recently started sharing her bed. They had been here, in seclusion for months. Often, Inuit would just stare at him. He was the most handsome dragon. He never met a person he couldn't fine the good in. That thought often caused her to reflect. She wondered if he realized how different she'd become.

Last night, as he slept, she lay awake beside him. She wished he wanted her. He cared for her, and that was a good thing. But each night, he never went beyond kissing or touching her. She was afraid to insist on more because often males were prickly creatures. If a woman made demands, then it could cause issues to arise. Although Kade never treated her as less than an equal, Inuit was not sure about pressing for more.