Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

He knows something. 

After an hour, the high-pitched ringing of the bell dismisses us to lunch. On my journey to my locker, I attempt to pass a vacant supply closet but am surprised by the feeling of a hand wrapping around my wrist, pulling me into the room. 

"Hey." Brads voice fills my ears.

The last time I was in here was with Nate, the day it all happened.

"Yes?" I ask, annoyance clear in my voice.

"What's up with you? You don't seem like yourself." He steps around me, placing his hand on the door handle to make sure it's closed all the way. He then switches the light switch from off to on before turning around to face me.

"Nothing," I look away from his gaze. "I just... Miss Nate." I tell him. 

It's the truth... he just thinks that he's on vacation.

"He'll be back soon enough." He rolls his eyes. "But since he's gone for now-"

Before I can react, Brad aggressively places his hand on my chin, forcing my mouth open. With a swift movement, he pours a liquid into my mouth from a small bottle. The liquid had no taste, nor did it cause any kind of pain to erupt in my mouth- but it still didn't change the fact that he had no right to force some unknown drink down my throat.

"What the hell!" I shout angrily at him, pushing his hands off of me.

"What?" He asks innocently, as if he didn't know why I was upset.

"Stop doing things like this! I-" Suddenly I'm unable to see straight, and my body begins to feel as if I'm floating. "I-" I try to finish my sentence.

What the hell did he just do?

I begin to stumble, my feet losing their feeling with each passing second. 

"Woah," Brad chuckles, placing his arms around me to gently lay me on the floor. 

"Wha- Wha... Did you... do?" I ask with the last bit of strength I had left. Mentally, I was awake and alert. Physically though, I couldn't move, nor could I keep my eyes open. I could still hear all of my surroundings; it was as if I were slipping into a coma. 

"Shh, just have a little rest. No one will know what happened to you." I could hear the smirk playing on his lips by the sound of his voice. "I'll be back for you afterschool." 

With the creaking sound of the door as it closes, I'm taunted by the unwavering and all too familiar feeling of guilt and the memories of Nate.

---

After sitting in a dark room for so long, I begin to realize that I have started to regain control. With excitement, I open my eyes and spring to my feet. Then, I realize that I'm no longer in the closet. The room I'm in is still dark and felt as if it had been snowing. There were voices all around me- but only one of them stuck out to me. Nate's. 

I could feel his presence, but I can't make out what he's saying, but I know that he's there; here.

"The woods." He speaks.

"What?" I could see my breath as I spoke, my body beginning to quiver as the cold wrapped around each of my limbs.

"Woods," He yells, but still, I could barely hear him. "Cave."

What does this mean?

His body began to look transparent, his skin starting to blend with the background of the dark room.

"No! Nate, please! Tell me what you mean!" I practically scream in a panic. "Please, don't go!"

He disappeared as the words escaped my lips; and I was met with absolute silence. 

Until the door opens, revealing that I'm still in the closet. Brads face shines through the light, his overly confident smile sending rage through my body. Within seconds I'm on my feet, ready to attack him.

"Nullus motus non subcinctus." He speaks as I take a step toward him, the words paralyzing me and returning me to my place on the floor.

"Wha- What the hell did you do?" I panic, feeling his arms wrap around my chest and my thighs. He flips me around to carry me bridal style, standing up straight as his eyes interlock with my own.

"No movement. No shift." He smirks down at me. "You can't move, nor shift into a wolf. I've been in the business long enough; I know how to handle a hybrid." He smirks.

---

"Where are you taking me?" I ask Brad, my body limp across the backseat of his car. I had no idea how long we'd been driving; let alone in which direction we were going.

"To your brother, his requests." He responds, his eyes never leaving the road.

How the hell does he know Eli? I just met him two weeks ago.

My stomach begins to growl, and my throat burns with the craving of blood. "When this is over, I'm going to kill you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," He winks at me through the rearview mirror.

"What the hell does my so-called brother want anyways?" I ask him, watching as his expression softens again with the mention of Eli.

He shrugs, "ask him when we get there."

"Fuck you." I huff.

"I'm annoyed with your voice," He rolls his eyes. "Silentium."

The word makes me unable to speak. Now I can't move, nor speak. Perfection.

I feel myself beginning to fall forward as Eli makes a turn, the car beginning to bounce slightly as we roll over gravel. He says the word "loqui", making me able to speak. But, then he says "caecus", making me unable to see anything.

"Why did you take my vision? It's not like I know where we are," I scoff.

"He told me not to take any chances. Sorry." He says, but by the tone in his voice, I can tell that he's smirking.

The car comes to a stop, then I hear the jangling of his keychain as he removes it from the ignition. 

"We're here."