I reached the front door and secretly grabbed his car keys from the bowl that was on a table by the front door. Racing out of the house I ran to his car. With a click of his key fob, I unlocked the car and slid in the driver's side.

Sitting in the driver's seat, I put the key in the ignition hole. Cranking it, I heard the wonderful sounding purr of his car.

By the time I was reversing the car, Bryson was bolting out of his apartment like a mad-man. I ignored him, however, and took off down the road.

I knew where I was and where I was going. Yet, I didn’t like my idea of how to get rid of this voice in my head.

You can’t get rid of me Elle. I am a part of you.

I chose not to reply to the voice as I continued to drive. Sighing, I was glad that I was finally able to remember how to drive. Now, all I need to do is find my car and I will be all set. That is unless my father stayed true to his words and I don’t have a car because, one thing I knew for certain was that, I totally did everything my father told me not to do in my last memory.

Nibbling on my lip, I started to drift off in thought.

Elle, will you please just listen and understand me?!

"You have nothing to say that I want to listen to or understand."

Will you please stop lying to yourself?! Everything I am trying to tell you, you yourself know is true! You are just too stubborn to realize that your gut feeling, that Bryson is lying to you and that you don’t love him but in fact hate him, is all the truth!

I felt my heart drop at the words coming from the voice in my head.

That feeling you just had, is you realizing I am right. You’ve known it all along. You have had suspicions this whole time about him. Yet, you keep pushing them down because you started to, somehow, like this jerk. Trust me, when you get your memory back you will be repulsed at yourself for ever looking twice at him with admiring eyes.

I found myself pulling over the car on an unknown side street, abandoning my plans to go to the hospital and begging Dr. Rose for some pills to make the voice go away.

Sinking in the leather seat, I wondered what I was going to do next ... do I listen to the voice?

Yes.

Or do I continue on my not-so merry way to the hospital.

Elle, you have to believe me.

How can I?

You just have too! All I am doing is saving you from having to experience the pain of realizing the guy you have grown to like is actually nothing but a liar.

I don’t want to be spared the heartache; if there is any to come ... I just want to know! I want to know what is real and what is not! I want to know where my father and I truly stand! I want to know what my relationship is with my brother now! Do we argue? Do we talk? Is Peter still with that bitch, Misty? What happened after I had sex with Ian? And what the Hell is going on with Bryson and me?!

So, you want the memories? No pre-cushion to soften the blow?

No, I want to know...

As you wish, Stubborn-Ass.

***

NIGHT BEFORE GRADUATION:

Elle’s P.O.V

“You know that you can’t eat your broken heart away,” I spoke as I sat down next to Peter on the couch.

Clutching his ice cream to his chest, even more, he shoved out a heaping spoonful of ‘Chunky Monkey’ ice cream. Once the ice cream was in his mouth, he spoke with a mouthful, “No, but it can dull the pain.”