The first snow

The autumn leaves crushed against my feet, my hair bounced in front of my face. I could see my breath leading in front of me as I drew every breath. Tears stung my eyes. My arms pushed through the cool autumn air slicing through the fog. My legs seemed to only know one way and that was forward. My heart seemed to blow up with sadness, my lungs blew up every time I thought about where I would go.
    The critters in the forest seemed to be grieving for me. My thoughts swarmed my head and seemed to fall into an empty abyss begging for victims. My tears left a trail on the brightly colored leaves.
    The memories of today swarmed my head like an attack of killer bees. The day started out so good! How could it have ended this bad?
    I hadn't paid any attention where I was going. Oof. For a second I hadn't known what had happened until I felt the searing pain of the glass being pushed further into my face. I felt blood gush out of the wounds. I screamed bloody murder. I brushed my fingers over my face. I admired the blood on my fingers as if someone had killed something right in front of me. I could no longer feel glass on my face where there had been. My heart sunk further into that abyss. The glass was pushed so far into my skin that I couldn't feel it.
   It had seemed as if I was choking for air because I was so shocked I had held my breath. I had to find help. Only a couple of problems. One, I had no money, two, where would I find help? Three, who would actually take me in? I sunk down into the leaves against the tree.
     The tree was my wake up call, I should go back to Hope and clean my face. Would hope let me in the house though? Would Hope be willing to take an early apology? Was Hope regretting her decision of kicking me out? What was I kidding? Hope was just a little kid, she couldn't keep me out.
    I had headed towards Hope, but something stopped me. What if Hope didn't love me? What if she'd start beating me? I couldn't possibly beat her, no I would hurt me to much.
      I turned around, soon enough these woods would end and I'd find a road. I continued to walk through the autumn leaves. I walked back to the tree. I sunk back down to the roots of the tree.
      The monster inside of me started to crawl it's way into my head. It started to eat away of all my good thoughts just to leave the bad ones lie there and soak. I looked up into the sky. As if it couldn't get any worse snow started to fall on my face. I cursed loudly, got up and started to look for a place to stay.
       There was no way I was heading back to Hope. If I had the guts I would go to Envian. I had a feeling I would never see him again. As long as I was kept hiding in these forests.
   Boy was I wrong, he had found me, and yet again we play hide and seek again, only this time he's given up and I won't come out of hiding.