jungkook snatched the phone to his right into his grasp and held it to his face. jimin did the same with the phone on his side.

"jungkookie... i didn't think it would be you visiting today.." he said into the receiver. jungkook's breath hitched after hearing him speak. it had been way too long since he last heard his voice. jungkook managed to maintain eye contact though.

but after another passing moment, jungkook's eyes watered up to their brims, and he began to cry. he rushed to cover his mouth with a hand so he wouldn't make any noise, but it didn't do to much good. jimin could hear him through the phone.

"jungkook-ah.. please don't cry. it hurts way too much for me to even hear it, please don't cry kookie..." jimin murmured softly. he wasn't lying. every time he heard a new sound of sadness come from jungkook's lips it clenched at his heart. just like it had that court day.

but what hurt him even more, was that he couldn't comfort him.

jungkook sniffed, and looked back up at jimin through his damp lashes. he used his left hand to wipe some of the salty drops from his face.

"i just.." jungkook whispered into the phone. "i'm sorry you're in there." jimin only smiled tenderly at him.

"it's not your fault kookie, it's mine."

"i still shouldn't have told you, then you wouldn't have done anything and.." jungkook trailed off and sniffled once more. then glancing away from jimin's now frustrated gaze and knit eyebrows.

"jungkook, stop it. i was naturally pissed. i mean, who wouldn't be? those bastards beat you senseless because of nothing and hurt you. you're still hurt now, so they deserved the same." jimin said. his words seemed to float around before sinking into jungkook's head.

jungkook stared silently at him, his expression completely saddened and eyes still shiny with tears that threatened to spring free.

"im just so sorry jiminie." jungkook murmured. jimin only smiled sadly and a laugh far from amused left his mouth.

"yeah..." he sighed. "i want to be out there with you but..."

"no!" jungkook exclaimed. "don't even say it!"

this was the very first time they'd seen each other since that one day that hurt them both, and it would be one of the only ones.

the jury had presumed that since jungkook was the cause of jimin being put into prison in the first place, seeing him was probably not right. so it being 'for the best' they had said, they were only given three days to see each other during the entire six months of being apart. they could choose them of course, but they were also only time spans of a few hours.

really it was despicable and unnecessary, but it was happening wasn't it? it was only proving to show just how cruel the world was.

jimin continued to stare on sadly at the heartbroken younger in front of him.

"kookie..." he mumbled.

"i don't think i can go another day without you jiminie," jungkook said into the phone and put his head into his hand with a sniff. the terms of jimin's sentence were still obviously affecting him. jimin frowned at this. "i wake up, you aren't there. i call you from work, you don't pick up. i get home, you aren't there. i get in bed, you aren't there. it's cold without you jimin. so so cold."