Chapter 37

Audrey's POV

Another day.. another hour.. alone. Today is December eighteenth... I think. Four months after Liam's birthday. Over the past couple months, Zayn and Perrie got more ANNOYING by the minute. I just can't wait for Christmas break. Even though im spending it alone, again, at least I'll 'see' my parents and my brother. I promised them and myself that every Christmas I'd visit them. I've been doing it for the past.. what... three or four years? I guess some things just hurt more than others. Because tomorrow is my mom's birthday.

"Ms. Evans!" Mr. Smith, my history teacher, snapped me out of my thought. I know... really crappy going into dreamland during class. "Pay attention."

"Sorry. I've got a lot on my mind."

"Would you care to share what's on your mind?" I quickly glared at him before I got out of my seat and walked towards the front of the classroom. Harry looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Well hello fellow classmates. As Mr. Smith pointed out, I w-wasn't paying attention. Reason being because today is my family' d-death anniversary. M-my m-mom's birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to visit all of them as my gift for the past t-three y-years. Yes I've known her my whole life but now... sh-she's-" I couldn't continue because if I did, I would've broken down. Harru stood up and came to me, engulfing me into a hug as I silently cried onto his chest.

"I'm... I'm sorry Ms. Evans. You guys can take a moment outside." Mr. Smith said with sorrow in his voice as Harry escorted me outside into the school's hall. As soon as we were out that classroom door, I slid down the wall next to it as sobbed.

"Audrey I know it's hard."

"No. No you dont know how this all feels. How it feels to have no one left. To have the people you love the most be taken away from you knowing you'll never see them alive again. It's easy for you to say because you have your mom and your sister living and breathing just fine. I couldn't stop it because when I found out, it was already done. They were already gone. That look I saw in my brother's, Austin's eyes were just saying "sorry" over and over again. I wanted to say "I forgive you" but he shot himself. He left me before i could say anything. I love him forever and always because hes my brother. He left because he thought I would never forgive him. Do you know how hard it was seeing your brother die right in front of your eyes? Right under you nose? Seeing those pictures of your dead parents? All stabbed and shot.They all left the same day. They left a little fourteen year old girl to fend for herself. They left me and I didn't even get to say bye or I love you. I never got that chance. For the past three years I kept going to that cemetery and saying im sorry. Harry it hurt because no matter what I do in life, I'll never see them again. Ill never get to kiss and hug them again. I'll never get to do those same things ever again. So do me a favor and don't take your family for granted." I knew by the end of that little speech I was definitely crying. I mean... who wouldn't?

"I won't Audrey. I promise I wont." he had little tears in his eyes. He sat down next to me and held me in his arm and I cried. He lightly kissed my forhead and I continued sobbing.

Zayn's POV

I was sitting by the door in math class when I heard faint sobs. I turned to the girl behind me and she looked up smiling. She's one of Perrie's friends soo I should like her... but I dont.

"Hey umm.. what's today?"

"The eighteenth. Wh-"

"Shit!" I got up and ran to the door.

"Mr. Malik. Why are you up and where do you think you're going?" Ms. Falcon, the math teacher asked.

"Death Anniversary." I said before running out the door. I ran to history where Louis and Niam were and interrupted the class... boo hoo.

"Mr. Malik! Why are you interrupting my class?"

"Louis, Liam, Niall. Come on." I COMPLETELY ignored Mrs. Thomas. I have no time for her bull shit.

"Why?" Lou asked

"What's today?"

"The eighteenth of December." Liam said

"And why would Audrey be crying at this very moment?"

"SHIT!" the twins said in unison leaving a completely confused Liam.

"We'll explain come on." the three of them got up but Mrs. Thomas being Mrs.Thomas had to stop us.

"Boys get back in your seat and Zayn get back to class!"

"Can't."

"Why?"

"It's our best friend's parent's death anniversary." Niall said then we all followed the quiet cries until we found Harry holding an emotionally wrecked Audrey. I felt a wee bit jealous that Harry was holding her and not me but I should really care about that now because theres something way more important now.

"Oh my. Babe." Lou said before kneeling next to her and Harry. Niam and I did the same.

"Wow. I must've brought a lot of attention. AND I must look like a wreck." she sniffled and weakly smiled.

"In your situation, you still look great like always." I said

"Thanks for the weak pick up slash cheer up line."

"Anytime." I winked at her and she poked her tongue out.

"You know you're all going to get detention right?"

"Eh. I could care less. It's your parent's death anniversary and that is way more important than caring about detention." Niall said then she hugged him tightly. Then she brought is all into a group hug.

"Thank you so much guys."

"Hey what are best friends for?"

"To give the best kind of hell."

"But you love us."

"That I do." then we all smiled and lightly laughed then the school bell went out MEANING school was over. FINALLY!! Now for the break!

"Wow its the break already."

"Yep! What are you guys going to do for the break?"

"Well we're going on a little vacation." Louis said waving his finger between him and Niall.

"Us too!" Liam and Harry said.

"Im spending it with Perrie." I said happily

"And I'm spending it with my bed."

"You guys have a beautiful relationship." Niall joked

"I know. We're soulmates." she smiled widely. Awwww.

"We need to start packing or else we're going to get lectured. see you guys!" Niall said as the twins gave us all hugs and kissed on the cheek well except for the Niam moment..

"We need to, too! We'll talk over the vacation!" Harry said as they gave us hugs and kisses too and left with the twins.

"And then there were two."

"Yes indeed."