11 Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag: Part 1

Start from the beginning

I nodded. "Not surprising someone killed him then."

Dean nodded. "Yeah, I guess these guys take this stuff pretty seriously."

"She also found this..." Sam handed me a card. "In his stuff."

I flipped the card around. It was a tarot card with a picture of a man with ten swords sticking out of his back. "Pretty on the nose, isn't it?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah, I'd say." He handed Sam the keys. "Look, I'm gonna see if I can find some of the other magicians. You guys head back to the motel, and I'll meet you there."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we got back, I hopped in the shower. Once I finished, I stepped out and heard a familiar female voice on the other side of the door. So, I got dressed, and I listened quietly.

"What are you doing here, Ruby?" Sam asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Ruby said.

"I'm working a job. Maddison's taking a shower, so make it quick," Sam said.

"The whole world's about to be engulfed in Hellfire, and you're in Magictown, USA?" Ruby asked.

Sam laughed. "You got something against magic?"

"That would almost be funny if thirty-four seals hadn't been broken already. Thirty-four, Sam," Ruby snapped, "That's over halfway. The angels are losing this war. Every day is one day closer, and if someone doesn't do something soon—"

"And that someone is me?" Sam asked.

"Who else would it be?" Ruby asked.

"I don't know where these seals are. I don't know, squat. So why don't you tell me where you'd like me to start?" Sam asked.

"Well, you can quit dicking around here, for one. Bigger fish, Sam. And if the seals are being broken, you might want to go after the one doing the breaking," Ruby said.

"Lilith?" Sam asked.

"Cut the head off the snake. You're the only one who can stop her, Sam. So step up and kill the little bitch," Ruby said.

"Oh, I'm game, believe me. It's not the psychic thing I got a problem with," Sam said.

"Yeah, I know what you got a problem with, but tough. It's the only way," Ruby said.

"No," Sam said.

"Ya know, this would all be so much easier if you'd just admit to yourself that you like it. That feeling that it gives you," Ruby said.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Sam said.

"Oh, I don't, huh?" Ruby asked. "Fine." I heard the door open. "It's simple. Lucifer rises, the apocalypse starts. You think that you have demons on your hands now? People are gonna die, Sam. Oceans of people. So you just let me know when you're ready." Then the door slammed.

I waited a moment and then opened the door. "Did you leave?"

"What? Oh no... I think someone down the hall slammed their door," Sam said nervously.

I nodded and sat down on one of the beds.

"How's the shower? Do we actually have hot water here?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I wouldn't say hot, more like luke-warm."

Sam sighed and went back to researching.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with what I heard because I honestly didn't know what I did hear. All I knew was that Ruby still wanted Sam to kill Lilith with his powers, but there was more to it. I didn't know if I wanted to let Sam be honest about it himself or if I should just let Dean know that something weird was going on. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be the reason a fight broke out.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Sam answered his phone, "Hey." (...) "Yeah, I'm on my way." He hung up and then stood up. "Dean called, wants me back there. I'm sure we will be back in less than an hour."

I nodded. "Okay."

Then he threw his suit jacket back on and left.

I waited a few minutes and then walked over to the window to check if the Impala was still there, but it was just pulling away.

"All right, Sam. Let's see if I can figure out what you've been hiding," I said and then walked over to his duffel bag. "Ugh, I feel gross doing this."

I picked it up and unzipped it, sifting through his things carefully so he wouldn't suspect something was out of place. If it were Dean's bag, it wouldn't be a big deal 'cause he just throws his stuff in there. Sam, on the other hand, usually has his bag neat and everything folded.

I was relieved to just find the normal stuff in his bag... deodorant, clothes, toothbrush... the usual. Except when I when to pick up the bag off of the bed and it slipped out of my hands, there was a strange thud that I couldn't relate to anything I had found in the bag. So, I unzipped it again, dug in further, and lifted up the plastic sheet that laid at the bottom, which revealed a flask. I wouldn't have thought anything of it, even the fact that it was under the plastic just could've been from moving the bag around, but there was something dark and dried-up under the lip of the lid, which was strange.

Out of curiosity, I unscrewed the cap and was instantly hit by an iron smell. I walked over to the lamp so I could see what was in it better, but it honestly didn't help much because what was inside was a thick dark liquid.

"What the hell?" I grabbed a tissue and folded it up. I put it on top of the opening and turned it just to collect some of the liquid. When I pulled the tissue back, it revealed what I was worried about, the liquid was blood.

"What have you gotten yourself into, Sam?" I asked and then repacked his bag how I had found it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *