8 Wishful Thinking: Part 5

We arrived at Wesley and Hope's house after picking up some clothes that were more age-appropriate and would fit me better.

When we rang the doorbell, Hope answered with a huge smile on her face. "Hi! How can I help you?!"

"Wesley called us to discuss the flower arrangements for your wedding." I smiled sweetly.

Hope's eyes widened with excitement. "He did? That's so sweet. Please... please come in." She ushered us to follow after her into the living room, where we found Wesley sitting on the couch watching TV. "Wes! You didn't tell me that you called the florists for the wedding."

Wesley looked up at us, confused. "Huh?"

"You're the best!" Hope leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. "Ah! I'm gonna go get my folders." Then she ran off into another room.

"Uh, o— okay," Wesley said, still confused by the situation.

"Wesley, how's it going?" Dean asked, intimidatingly.

"It's We— Wes," Wes stuttered. "Aren't you the guys from the Health Department?"

I nodded. "They work for my flower shop on the side."

"Plus FBI. And on Thursdays, we're teddy bear doctors." Dean smiled.

Wes furrowed his brow. "Huh?"

Dean shook his head. "Doesn't matter who we are. What matters is what we know."

Sam spotted a glass cabinet next to Wes that was filled with coins. "So, coin collector, huh, Wes?"

Wes lit up with excitement a little bit. "Oh. Yeah. My... grandfather gave them to me."

"Did you happen to lose one of those coins lately?" Dean asked, "And by 'lose,' I mean drop into a wishing well at Lucky Chin's and make a wish on it?"

Wes shook his head nervously. "No, I— I don't know what you're, uh, talking about."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't lie to us, Wesley."

Hope came back, excited, with a stack of papers and folders. "Okay, now. I have a lot of ideas, but ya know, we don't have all the money in the world. Wes is between jobs right now. Means more time for me." She smiled lovingly at him and started flipping through some of the papers as she showed us. "Ya know, I'm thinking a Japanesey ikebana kind of thing."

Dean nodded with a smile. "Yes. I can see it."

"Yeah. So, Hope, uh, tell us how you two lovebirds met." Sam smiled.

Hope's smile and excitement grew. "Oh, best day of my life."

"I bet," Dean said sarcastically.

"Yeah!" Hope shouted happily. "It's the funniest thing. We both grew up here, but I never really knew who he was. Not by name anyway. Until one day last month, it was like I just—" She sighed. "I just saw him for the first time. He was just... glowing." She looked at him lovingly. "Oh, just glowing."

Wes shifted around in his seat, uncomfortably. "Uh, babe, can you— can you get us some coffee?"

"Yes. Yeah." Hope nodded happily and kissed Wes all over his face.

"Oh. Okay. Okay. Mm-hmm. Okay. Okay. Okay," Wes said as she kissed him like crazy.

"Yeah." Hope finally stopped and walked off.

"Wes, we know. So, tell us the truth," Sam said.

Wes sighed. "My— My grandfather found the coin in North Africa, ya know, World War II. And, uh, he brought it back. He, um, he said it was a real wish-granting coin, but that nobody should ever use it. Um... it was all I had, and when he died..." He shrugged. "I thought, 'Well, ya know what? Why not give the coin a shot?'"