12 After School Special: Part 4

Later that night, we went to Barry's grave and dug up his coffin.

Dean lifted the lid, Sam and I dropped salt and fuel on the bones, then he lit a match and dropped it in. "So long, Barry Cook."

After that, we filled in the grave and hit the road, but Sam was oddly quiet.

"You all right?" Dean asked him.

Sam shrugged. "Barry was my friend. I just burned his bones."

"Well, he's at peace now, Sam," Dean said.

"I mean, if Dad had let us stay just a little while longer, maybe I could have helped the kid, ya know?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head. "You read the coroner's report same as me. Barry was on every anxiety drug and antidepressant known to man. School was Hell for that kid. His parents had split up. He just wanted out. It was tragic, but it's not your fault. To tell you the truth, I'm glad we got out of that town. I hated that school."

Sam shrugged. "It wasn't all bad."

Dean chuckled. "How can you say that after what happened to you?"

Sam nodded and was silent for a little bit.

"What happened?" I asked.

Sam shrugged. "This kid punched me, but he bullied everyone, it wasn't a big deal."

"You could've torn that kid apart, and you didn't," Dean said.

Sam nodded. "I know, you said the same thing back then, and like I told you, I didn't want to be the freak... I wanted to be normal."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next morning, Sam said he wanted to talk to a teacher he really liked back when he was a kid before leaving, so Dean reluctantly drove us back and parked the car in front of the school.

"We came back here so you could talk to a teacher?" Dean asked.

Sam nodded. "He's a good guy."

Dean shrugged. "Well, whatever. Go have your Robin Williams O captain! My captain! moment. Just make it quick."

Sam nodded. "All right." Then he got out and walked into the building.

"So, what happened with that girl yesterday? In the hall?" Dean asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know, she wouldn't tell me. I just know her douchebag boyfriend hit her, and I wasn't going to let him do it again."

Dean shook his head and sighed. "Don't get people like that."

I hit his shoulder lightly. "I'm glad you were there 'cause to be honest, even though I was willing to take the punch, I didn't really want to. Dude was huge."

Dean nodded. "He's lucky I got there when I did."

"He's lucky?" I asked.

"If he laid a finger on you, I would've killed him," Dean said, straight-faced and then smirked.

I laughed. "You're such a dork."

A moment later, Sam came running out of the building in pain, clutching his chest and hobbling slightly. Then he hopped in the car.

As soon as Sam shut the door, Dean took off. "What happened?"

"The ghost. It's not gone," Sam said as he clutched his crotch in pain.

Dean furrowed his brow at Sam. "What did it do to you?"

"It possessed a girl, and then she stabbed me in the chest with a pencil and kicked me..." Sam said, gesturing to his lap.